“Sorry but wasn't impressed”
Review of The Boathouse

The Boathouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Boathouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 3,915 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West End
Cross street: Denman
Description: The Boathouse is a casual fine dining restaurant with a beautiful view of English Bay from every table. With three different types of experiences, from a fun filled patio, to a cozy pub, to the top floor romantic dining room, there's a room for every occasion.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Had high hopes about this place but left with mixed feelings. While the actual food wasn't bad it was the lack of food we received for the money we paid. A small basket of bread goes a long way but none to be had here. Small portions for big money.

1  Thank mayaluvr

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We have dined at the Boathouse in the past and had a lovely experience so we thought we would go again. We were met by two very young ladies that did not have any idea of what was going on. After several minutes and a consultation with a third very young person we were seated upstairs at a corner window table. The sun was glaring at us in two different directions. We moved over from the window to adjust. No one suggested a more comfortable table or pulled the shades on the windows. Other customers came in and pulled the blinds. Despite this, as time went by the heat became very uncomfortable.Our waiter was prompt and knowledgeable . My husband said his food was delicious. I was so miserable from the heat I could not enjoy my food. We would have stayed for drinks and desert but it was too hot and told the waiter such. He mumbled about something needing fixed. We walked down stairs to leave and it must have been 20 degrees cooler. I told the very young girl that seated us that we would have stayed longer if it had not been so hot. She replied "Oh yeah the A/C doesn't work up there." She knew this when she seated us! Next time we will spend our $$$ at a restaurant that actually cares about the comfort of their customers.

1  Thank Kaccey
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The restaurant looked out onto the Pacific Ocean. The starters that we had at the table were: Thai crab cakes, clam chowder and coconut shrimps, our entrees were: the trout and veggies, seafood pasta and the cedar plank salmon which was served with brocollini (thin broccoli) over all the food was delicious.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I've been here a couple of times and it has always been outstanding. The miso-crusted Halibut is one of the most phenomenal pieces of fish I have ever put in my mouth. It helps that seafood in Vancouver is so fresh, of course, but the Boathouse really knows how to prepare their seafood optimally. Can't say enough for this place!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

my husband and I got a seat on the upper patio and watched the sun go down while we waited for our food to arrive. 2 lus hours. seriously. A piece of fish and a salad. Sure, its good to take your time, but we really wanted to be on the beach. Understaffed maybe, or just too busy? Food was ok