“What a view!”

The Boathouse Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Boathouse Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #298 of 3,975 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West End
Cross street: Denman
Description: The Boathouse is a casual fine dining restaurant with a beautiful view of English Bay from every table. With three different types of experiences, from a fun filled patio, to a cozy pub, to the top floor romantic dining room, there's a room for every occasion.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The view is spectacular, especially if you sit upstairs near the open windows. The food was average and over priced from our perspective.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The location of this restaurant is excellent with a fairly good atmosphere to boot, but this is where it ends. Service took a while and the cutlery had some sort of dried food on it which had to be sent back. The Alaskan Cod was fine but was rather expensive, as was the wine. The Caesar I ordered seemed to be made from water, tabasco sauce and vodka, and was barely drinkable. You can get twice the value at another venue as there are so many other restaurants to choose from.

1  Thank Barry H
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Went with a gal pal for lunch the other day. The location/view are spectacular - we sat upstairs and the windows were all open and the server opened up the retractable awning. My friend had a mixed green salad with chicken on it. I had the Seafood Chop Chop Salad. It was good but I thought a bit pricey ($19.99) for a small piece of salmon, two scallops sliced crosswise to make them look like more and some shrimp. It comes with a mustard vinaigrette but I subbed a citrus vinaigrette which was light and refreshing.

Two salads and two glasses of wine was $65 before gratuity - too much for what we got (and no bread was offered). I would go back for the atmosphere but would try something else on the menu. Service was very good.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Went for apps and drinks. Apps were good, drinks pricey, same everywhere in Vancouver . Great people watching and views

1  Thank Bill P
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We were entertaining our close friends from Miami who had never been to Vancouver so we decided on a seafood venue over looking the water and of course the Boathouse filled that bill perfectly . The evening was perfect weather , the beach was crowded with people just relaxing, no drama and with the setting sun over English bay what could be better . well I think a fish burger at McDonalds would have been . We were seated at a decent table with a great view . Our orders were taken relatively quickly and I was the only one who ordered an appy and the fish soup I ordered came quickly and was very good all be it not all that "hot" . after a short wait two meals came the other two were delayed > We toild our friends to start and they both took one bite of the ir salmon and said ice cold. I signalled our server and I said firstly bring all 4 meals at once and secondly bring them cooked and warm. .After a few minutes all four came again ice cold and my wife's halibut was so over cooked it could not be eaten . Again I called the waiter and sent back three meals , mine was not hot but warm and I was hungry so I ate my Miso crusted halibut which was very good all be it a little on the cool side . but the side veggies and rice were ice cold the same complaint our friends had. Finally after returning meals twice one meal once my wife said I'm not interested my friends ordered miso crusted halibut vs. salmon on a plank. The manager came over and said the wine and the meals are on the house and finally the 4th meals arrived which were still just warm and the side dishes still Luke warm . finally the meal was over and the waiter said the bill is on the house but you can leave a gratuity which I thought was odd asking but I was going to anyways not really the server's fault .On the way out the manager said he was truly sorry and was hopeful we would come back I was surprised he didn't offer us a gift certificate because it is highly unlikely I would return. we have eaten at one other Boat house in the Vancouver area and never had a bad meal .Boathouse on Beach Avenue avoid at all costs