“Even with a living social 50% off coupon I used it still did not measure up”
Review of Szechuan Chongqing Seafood - CLOSED

Szechuan Chongqing Seafood
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I hate writing reviews that are negative..I know it impacts peoples business but I must tell the truth. My fiancee and I went there to eat because of a 50 % off Living Social Coupon. One of the men their smelled like he had not taken a shower in days...and I have not encountered that in any restaurant in years. The sign on the door said open 10 am to 10 pm on Sunday but when we got there they told us at 2:45 that the kitchen was closing at 3pm. So we ordered off their written order sheet. Why I mention that is because the items I hand wrote on their paper order slip got ordered but the two items I darkend the entire box for green beans and bok choi was over looked and was never made for us. The food taste was mediocre and even though the place was pretty empty we had to wait longer then usual to get our bill...the tea was not even hot...how can a Chinese restaurant not even do that right. I am afraid I will not go back.

5  Thank twsplace

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I enjoy the 'footballs' made of sweet sticky rice stuffed with savory filling. Also spicy squid, honey garlic ribs, shrimp spring rolls

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I only tried the DimSum. 3 times. It's not the best one, but given the reasonable price I like to go there with my family.
I particularly like the fried triangle (vegetable + shrimps i think).
Not enough choice maybe if you have someone in the group that is vegetarian.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have been a regular customer of this place but I have made it the last time after a very rude incident with one of the waiters to the point we basically got up, and left without ordering any food as we didn't want to cause a scene. I don't want to go into details of what happened but reading the reviews of other people, the consistant thing i see is how rude the people are at this place so just know that my review is legit. This place doesn't know what customer service is, or even what the word means. No wonder they are constantly issuing out Groupons, as they don't have enough customers, and are not making any efforts to keep the ones they already have. It's too bad, as I for one, do like the food here but will never step into that place again.

7  Thank Dee H
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The food wasn't bad, but it just wasn't that good either. In a city that has so many Asians, how can a supposedly Szechuan Chinese restaurant serve up such bland and uninspired food?

3  Thank SoMuchToSeeAndDo