“Wow - that is what I call a Brunch!”
Review of Sunshine Diner

Sunshine Diner
Ranked #512 of 3,778 Restaurants in Vancouver
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Kitsilano
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Wow - that is what I call a Brunch!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Whilst visiting relatives in Vancouver they took me here for Brunch before I headed back East. It was first class and I loved the decor. The meal I had was delicious - Eggs Benedict, excellent fries and wonderful bowl of fresh fruit + plentiful coffee. It was obviously a very popular venue as the queue indicated so fell that staffing levels need to be reviewed as service was the one thing that let it down. You need to have plenty time on your hands when visiting this place.

• Visited September 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“Best breakfast place in Kitsilano”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We have been to Sunshine Diners many times and it has always been good! The service is fast and friendly, and the atmosphere is just FUNtastic! I always order eggs Benny and I love to try different one each time. Anyway, my favorite is Sinatra Benny! It comes with a bowl of home fries (which I loooveee..)and a bowl of fruits too! Add a side order of their sausage and a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice! Perfect!! And sometimes..just sometimes..I order their delicious fattening milkshake.. uh oh ah..
Another thing I like about this diner is, they have a collection of hot sauce! Love it!

• Visited September 2013
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Did the job”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We wandered along Broadway and came across Sunshine Diner. The waiters were friendly, and the location was nice. It has an outdoor patio which is a bit secluded and decorated with pretty plants and flowers. The portions were generous and prices were fair. Not gourmet, but tasty nonetheless.

• Visited July 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“OK but not as good as the reviews”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I'm a bit of a breakfast nut and make the best breakfasts this side of the Maritimes so I'm pretty picky about breakfast places. I read the reviews so took the family there. OK so they've got a lot of schlocky decor from the 50s and I guess that influences people's opinions of the food. I ordered the standard eggs, sausage, toast potatoes. The coffee was good. The eggs arrived cold, the sausages were fine but not plentiful. My wife had the bennie pacific (beware-it's not salmon) and she rated it average. Service was fine... so overall it's ok but nothing special.

• Visited July 2013
Victoria, Canada
“Really had a great breakfast”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

The eggs Bennie are Great! My wife and I were staying in walking distance to the restaurant. We wanted a good place for Breakfast.This place filled our needs. Walking through the doors you feel like you are going back in time, great decor, great service, and great food for a reasonable price. Their menu had a good selection to meet most of your needs. I would recommend this place for a great place to start your day.

Visited June 2013