“Best breakfast and lunch in Vancouver for the price”
Review of Sunshine Diner

Sunshine Diner
Ranked #518 of 3,975 Restaurants in Vancouver
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Kitsilano
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We love the fact that the owners are always at the restaurant. It is south of downtown on Broadway, but easy to find with ample parking on the street. Once you are on Broadway, it is west of the main north / south street called Burrard. We usually just watch everyone indulge in the most calorie laden breakfasts that look so yummy and order an egg white, feta and cheese omelet and share a homemade muffin that is made with wheat flour and tastes so great regardless of which you choose--we like blueberry the most. There is a 50's theme and lots of Elvis and Marilyn memorabilia. It is a lot of fun to go there, and not dining particularly, but not dine and dash either. Weekends means a wait in line, but it is worth it. There are toys for kids, newspapers for everyone, and lots of smiles and happy faces on everyone. Milkeshakes look fantastic.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is a really cute 50's style diner. They even serve coke in glass bottles! I have taken company several times now. And everybody loves it! There can be a rush in the late morning on the weekend. I recommend coming a bit early.

Reviewed January 12, 2011

The menu includes many breakfast items and a variety of eggs benedicts. I ordered the Mmmarvellous which included cream cheese and mushrooms. The food was alright, could do with a pinch more salt. The Hollandaise sauce needed a bit more flavor as well. But the eggs were poached perfectly. The price, however, was a bit much considering that one order comes with just two eggs.

The service was good. The waitress I had was friendly. The atmosphere was nice and is everything you expect a diner to be - big cushy leather seats, plenty of '50's-themed decorations, and Elvis galore.

1  Thank Kathleen1218
Reviewed January 10, 2011

Recently I visited Sunshine Diner with a friend; we were greeted by an upbeat hostess. We were relatively early so we arrived before the rush of diners. The diner was 50s themed and filled with posters of Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley, and The Beatles. The décor lived up to the expectation of a 50s diner with red apostle booths, the front of a baby blue car as the hostess table and numerous figurines of pop-culture figures as well as, a life-size one of Elvis Presley.

The breakfast menu was filled with numerous types of omelettes, traditional breakfast dishes and a wide variety of Eggs Benedict. I’ve been told that the Eggs Benedict is very delicious and one of the best in town and I just had to order it to see what all the fuss was about. I went the traditional route, the classic Benedict. Our friendly waitress brought out our breakfasts and I must say you really do eat with your eyes first. Unfortunately once I cut into the Benedict the English muffin was a bit hard and over toasted. The eggs were perfectly cooked with the yolk runny and topped with hollandaise sauce. The dish was accompanied with a slice of orange. I opted out of ordering home fries because I was told the Eggs Benedict was filling. Overall, breakfast was quite enjoyable and I would go back again to try their different variations of Eggs Benedict.

Reviewed September 1, 2008

Love the Eggs Benny and the service. Give it a try and you will be back.