“Cook your own food - at a price!”
Review of Stonegrill - CLOSED

Stonegrill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West End
Cross street: Beach Avenue
“Cook your own food - at a price!”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

If you are in the mood for it, this place is different, and fun. I quite enjoy it when I go, but I find the folks I take either love it or hate the concept. They bring you a hot stone and you cook your own meat.

1 Thank TerraNovaExplores

San Jose
“A little pricey since we cooked our own food!”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We had a 2 for 1 coupon so it was okay. Otherwise, the Stonegrill is a bit expensive.

Visited September 2011
Calgary, Canada
“Great View, reasonably prices food”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We were the last customers at the restaurant on a Monday, so we had the whole place to ourselves that night. It was quiet, beautiful and the service was great. The view was the best part about it, looking back at Granville Island was beautiful.

I thought the food was very reasonably priced. I read other posts about how they though the food was expensive. The website only had the menu and not prices...so I was a bit worried, but when we got there, the prices were very reasonable. We had the mixed grill and seafood combination. Lots of food and it was lots of fun! we also shared a soup and a cake. Although the soup was really normal, I could have made it and the cake was again... nothing special.

Overall I thought it was a great experience and great value.

• Visited July 2011
Vancouver
“Not that great”
Reviewed March 1, 2010

Not that great. I was there last month for my girl friend's birthday. I called in to make a reservation and I indicated it's for a girl's birthday and I asked it if they offer anything special i.e. The Key will give you a small birthday cake and the staff will gather around and sign a b/day song. The guy I spoke to said that they will get her a small birthday cake which I was expecting at the end of our dinner but we waite and nothing came. We just left.That is rather POOR service.Will not go back agin.Also its rather pricy.Bad experience.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“good food, good service.”
Reviewed June 10, 2008