“total breakfast satisfaction”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Kitsilano
Reviewed August 29, 2013

we needed a big, funky breakfast and we got it at Sophie's. Huge portions, lots of delicious calories, and the coffee was flowing. Fab service. Next time we are in Vancouver we will return.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Sophie's Cosmic Café has been around for years, and we decided to take our children on a recent trip to Vancouver. It is still very popular and there is often a short wait. The breakfasts are large .. eggs rancheros, eggs benny and GF options were popular with the family. Service was ok, not great. Cost was slightly above average. Parking was a pain.

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

This crazy retro diner just south of downtown Vancouver is worth visiting. The service was fast and friendly. Large food portions. And absolutely delicious!! I had the "Santa Fe" benny...that I now crave. They offer a great selection of GF options, although a GF French toast would be a wonderful addition.

If you're in Vancouver, take the time to visit this amazing neighborhood and cafe.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Went here on a sunny, Saturday afternoon. Five minute wait and an outdoor table. Friendly staff, creative menu with lots of choices. I had the Eggs Rancheros, my wife had the bacon and eggs and my daughter had the Denver omelette. Large portions but only fair to middling taste. Toast was good though, as was the double cappuccino. The interior of the restaurant is appealing in a retro, diner way.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I live just a few blocks from Sophie's and have long had it on my list of places to try - mostly because there are frequently line-ups for breakfast on the weekends which, to me, implies something excellent and worth lining up for. Oh boy, am I glad that we went on a weekday and didn't spend time in a line.

The breakfast was fine, but only fine. The bacon was the best part while the scrambled eggs were merely average and the hash browns were cold and on the raw side. Maybe we had an unusually mediocre experience (?), but the line-ups for Sophie's will now simply baffle me each weekend.

If you are looking for really great breakfasts in Kits, there are much better options just a few blocks away: rather try Abigail's Party or, even better, Cafe Zen on Yew.