“Match to expectations”

Neighborhood: South Main
Vancouver, Canada
“Match to expectations”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We tried to find good Thai restaurant around. We found one over Trip advisor.
Food was excellent, service was good. To all who likes Thai I recommend N18a and 14

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Gregory K

British Columbia, Canada
“Thai Food at Top Speed”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Although Sawasdee has been open for almost 30 years, we happened upon it by chance looking for a quick supper before a 7:30 p.m. event at the Little Mountain Gallery nearby. The bright green facade caught our eye and, although the restaurant was only half full at 6:30, we were told a table was conditional on being out by 7:00. We said, "If you can do it, so can we." The service was great and, almost unbelievably, delicious, hot food was on the table within five minutes of ordering: pad thai, rice, and a yellow curry with potatoes and chicken. The food was fresh, beautifully prepared, and piping hot. We were settling the modest bill at 7:00, just as the last of the tables was being filled. The host was not kidding about needing our table by 7:00 or being able to have us in and out within 30 minutes.

• Visited April 2014
Montreal, Canada
“In my top 5 Thai restaurant.”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I attended with my g/f on a Thursday night. there was a small wait as it was packed. Once at our table, we put in our order. Jasmine Tea, Thai spring rolls, a pad see ew with beef and a red curry with tofu and vegetables with coconut rice. As the place was packed it took a little while before we received our starters. The spring rolls tasted good though, they were fresh and it felt that even being deed fried, they just had been made.

My g/f's curry was very good. My noodles were great. The portion were big as we both ended up taking food back home. Next time, I might just skip the starters and eat more of the main meal. Our bill was about $38.00 which is ok.

It was very good and I will go back.

• Visited November 2013
North Vancouver, Canada
“Used to be fabulous now disappointing”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We have been going to this restaurant for 25yrs and the quality has definitely fallen. The fabulous Pad Thai we used to enjoy now is a sloppy gloopy version. The prawns have been over cooked the last couple of times we were there. This is very disappointing as we were regulars at this restaurant and now I hesitate to go as I know I am going to be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Outstanding food and service”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Had a fabulous meal here. Restaurant was full on a Tuesday evening with a waiting line so we booked our space and went for a pre dinner drink. We returned, got our table straight away and ordered our food from the extensive menu. I had the sweet & sour chicken and my partner had the crying tiger beef. Both were fantastic, flavours and colours were amazing. Portion sizes were generous but we were both determined to finish! Prices were the best of our 3 week trip! Fantastic evening. Highly recommend.

• Visited October 2013