“Yummy!”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Shaughnessy
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I love this place. The food is amazing and well priced and there are so many things to choose from. It's a great atmosphere and the staff are very friendly and efficient. I look forward to eating at either location.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

The food did look good but we sat for 20 minutes waiting to order after getting the menus. We tried to get waitress attention but couldn't. Didn't even get drinks! As we had booked tickets for a show we couldn't wait so walked out. Shame!

1  Thank Birtsters
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We were staying at Sutton Place Hotel which was across the street from the SalaiThai Thai Restaurant. We are very familiar with Thai food and thought--this was a perfect location for us. WRONG!!
For appetizers, we ordered the SalaThai Springrolls which were greasy as were the Golden Shrimp Cakes. The Pad Thai and Garlic Prawns were luke warm (and greasy).
The Tom Kah soup (cocnut milk broth, lemongrass, mushrooms and chicken) was very good. The Gaeng Dang Curry with pork was very good.
A specialty of the house is the Coconut Ice Cream--it had chunks of ice in it.
The service was poor--we couldn't the waitress's attention to replace the luke warm food.
All-in-all, save your $$ and go somewhere else when you get a Thai craving.

1  Thank baloha
Reviewed January 30, 2011

My partner and I just ate here last night. I love Thai food and thoroughly enjoyed my meal. The servers were not quite attentive as I would have liked but were adequate. The Tom Kai Gai was one of the best I've had. I ordered it medium spicy and was pretty glad I did.
Everything was fresh and cooked well. I love Penang Curry and was certainly not disappointed with theirs.
The atmosphere was nice, but some of the tables are a little close and we had to share the chatter at the table just the other side of the plants that separated us. If we had managed a different table or a booth, the experience would have been much better. However, it was a Saturday night and there was a short wait (10 minutes) for tables.
If you love Thai food, I highly recommend you check them out.

Reviewed January 19, 2011

I went there with a few friends once for dinner, and overall, we thought it was just OK.

The interior decor was nice enough, (kind of tacky in a way) service was fine. We ordered Pad thai which was a bit oily and full of ketchup. the drunken noodle which definitely didn't pass our standard... Very bland and had no flavor. There was nothing special at all. The prices were kind of high, but the quality wasn't. We are Thai food lovers and know exactly what it should taste like. Even we ordered specially for "Thai taste" please.. We didn't get it.

Overall it was just OK, but I'm not sure if I'd go back.