“Excellent choice”

Cross street: Davie Street
Abbotsford, Canada
“Excellent choice”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great service and great food. Will come back for sure. Took advantage of Dine-out Vancouver deal, nice to have vegetarian options that were not just pasta(had the perogies) everything was perfect.

Visited February 2013

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor service and management team”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Two weeks ago we went there for dinner (my fiance and I). Our server forgot to bring us bread, forgot half of our entree order and forgot half of my desert order (a cappucino). I was offered nothing to compensate for all of these mistakes and poor service.

Furthermore, we barely even saw our server for the entire night (aside from her taking our orders and getting each of them wrong).

I can understand one mistake but three is terrible for a restaurant of this calibre.

I emailed the manager/ owner letting them know of this and they offered no compensation other than "we will do better next time".

Terrible service and poor reaction by management. I will never go back and will never recommend this restaurant to anyone. There are many restaurants of this calibre in Vancouver, so do not make the mistake of going here.

1 Thank Patrick A
Nanaimo, Canada
“Great service, varied menu, nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Making a reservation from our hotel, The Sylvia, just around the corner, on a Friday night. Greatest with a pleasant voice assuring us there would be something if we could arrive in 20 minutes. We were seated almost immediately, a small table by the large windows, there really is no "bad" seating. The menu was varied enough to have a fantastic choice, from rabbit to elk tenderloin, but not too big to be complicated. Brings to mind the saying about pick a few things you're good at and do them exceedingly well. My martini was excellent. Our server, Mark, was one of the best I've ever had. We never had to call him over, when ever something was needed he would just appear at our table and begin pouring wine or what ever else was needed. Just like dining in Europe we never felt rushed, no one took a plate until we were both finished, no one pestered us with "will there be anything else?" No one presented us with the bill until WE were ready to leave. It's a bit pricey but I'm a firm believer in "Quality costs a little more." We had a wonderful evening on our first night in Vancouver. Thank-you Mark.

1 Thank Frankly2Honest
Vancouver, Canada
“A Delightful Start to Dine Out Vancouver 2013!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Friday's lunch offering in the Dine Out Vancouver festival at The Raincity Grill was exceptional. Two of us sampled almost everything on the three course menu. Though only two offerings in each of the starter, main, and dessert courses we had plenty of options. One of the best Caesar salad presentations in the city - char grilled and drizzled with a fragrant aioli with crisp Parmesan crackers. I had the pulled beef sandwich on sourdough, my son had the mussels that in his words were "amazing". Desserts were a visual treat and a perfect end to lunch. Pear pannacotta for me and a kiwi sorbet for my son. Jordana is to be complimented on her fine service. A terrific experience all round. Viva Raincity with their commitment to fresh, local and innovative.

2 Thank MaryLou211
north wales
“A nice meal shame about the clueless wine waiter.”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The pâté starter was the nearest thing to foi gras I have tasted ,if a little short on the toast side.,but was excellent.Beware of waiters who enthuse about a particular wine,but are actually clueless,even saying that a very obvious 14 percent strength wine was 11 percent,this is not the first time that particular waiter has said that to us.Decent wine in my opinion is 12 and a half percent strength anything more than 13 percent is too alcoholic to enjoy.We had elk for the second course,I had to reject most of mine as it was too sinewy to eat.However we were offered a second portion over which more care had been taken with the cut,and it was acceptable.The quinoa flavoured with ceps was memorable.The setting was very nice ,even though the tables were rather close.