“A Delightful Start to Dine Out Vancouver 2013!”
Review of Raincity Grill - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West End
Cross street: Davie Street
Vancouver, Canada
“A Delightful Start to Dine Out Vancouver 2013!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Friday's lunch offering in the Dine Out Vancouver festival at The Raincity Grill was exceptional. Two of us sampled almost everything on the three course menu. Though only two offerings in each of the starter, main, and dessert courses we had plenty of options. One of the best Caesar salad presentations in the city - char grilled and drizzled with a fragrant aioli with crisp Parmesan crackers. I had the pulled beef sandwich on sourdough, my son had the mussels that in his words were "amazing". Desserts were a visual treat and a perfect end to lunch. Pear pannacotta for me and a kiwi sorbet for my son. Jordana is to be complimented on her fine service. A terrific experience all round. Viva Raincity with their commitment to fresh, local and innovative.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank MaryLou211

north wales
“A nice meal shame about the clueless wine waiter.”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The pâté starter was the nearest thing to foi gras I have tasted ,if a little short on the toast side.,but was excellent.Beware of waiters who enthuse about a particular wine,but are actually clueless,even saying that a very obvious 14 percent strength wine was 11 percent,this is not the first time that particular waiter has said that to us.Decent wine in my opinion is 12 and a half percent strength anything more than 13 percent is too alcoholic to enjoy.We had elk for the second course,I had to reject most of mine as it was too sinewy to eat.However we were offered a second portion over which more care had been taken with the cut,and it was acceptable.The quinoa flavoured with ceps was memorable.The setting was very nice ,even though the tables were rather close.

• Visited January 2013
Kirkland, Washington
“Fabulous brunch”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Had our first meal of 2013 at the Raincity Grill. Lovely decor, friendly staff and excellent location.
We had brunch and it exceeded our expectations. The Brioche was house made and perfect, poached eggs done right and with the smoked salmon and salad a brunch to remember. Very "clean" food.
I wish I lived in Vancouver and I could go here more often.

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada
“Great west coast food”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Very knowledgable staff, Courtious and friendly
We had the nine course tasting menru with wine paring. It was a great verity of dishes that we would not normally try. Most enjoyable. We made a four hour trip from Vancouver Island, a four trip

Vancouver Island, Canada
“Flavor, local, sustainable, FLAVOR!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Taking advantage of the 3 course early bird menu, my friendly and highly knowledgable server Michaela clearly understood my love of outstanding food, the whole dining experience, and big red BC wines. The Burrowing Owl Syrah was the perfect choice for my perfect vegetarian three mushroom linguini, the nutty and flavorful Valley cheese lingering after each bite. But the blow-away dish for me was the grilled Caesar Salad with deep fried capers and citrus romaine purée, served warm and drizzled with the creamy dressing! The sun choke veloute i sampled almost turned into another side, it was so lick the bowl good, and please do try one or all of the five tasty spoons, mine a melt in your mouth seared wedge of albacore tuna with a little stack of pureed delight to enhance it. You simply cannot but be impressed here, and the location facing English Bay and almost bordering Stanley Park, is vibrant and world class!

1 Thank sparklemarilyn