“A neighbourhood gem, often overlooked”

Provence Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #496 of 3,777 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Point Grey
Cross street: Sasamat Ave.
Transit: Near the corner of 10th Ave West and Sasamat: 99 B-Line express or bus 9 U.B.C.
Vancouver, BC
“A neighbourhood gem, often overlooked”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Went with 4 others to Provence after an absence of some time and really enjoyed the food and the service. Our table started with a plate of 5 antipasti and the table's conclusion was plate licking good. In fact, we asked the server not to remove the plate before she brought more bread so we could mop it up. We had an eggplant canelloni (excellent); Moroccan meatballs (wonderflly spiced); tomato boconcini (dressing was just right); grilled squid (a favourite) and one which escapes me at the moment. Everyone would have had more, but
The main courses did not disappoint. I had a rack of lamb which was wonderfully pink with mashed potatoes and asparagus. The beef tenderloin was great except the sauce was considered too salty. The bouillabaise and the prawns did not disappoint.
Desert including a lemon tart (tart with a hazelnut crust), a special bread pudding desert that everyone enjoyed.
Service was unobtrusive. I think I often don't consider Provence because I have experienced as too noisy. Difficult to talk when you didn't want a bistro. I think it is much improved although still somewhat of an issue.

• Visited July 2012

“Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

My friends and I went to Provence for tea on a rainy Saturday afternoon and to our surprise, we had the whole place to ourselves - we didn't mind. We actually liked it that way.

Service was good, although our server was a bit clumsy dropping cutlery twice. They have a good selection of tea. The savory treats were great, the sweet ones less so.

Overall it was a good experience but I would probably try out other places before going back.

Visited June 2012
“Neighhour gem”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Extensive menu very good french bistro food. Can be a little noisy if full

Visited March 2012
“Service”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Provence is a restaurant I go for dinner quite regularly because I live near the Restaurant. I made a dinner reservation for Jan 26 via OpenTable days before the intended dining day and had a confirmation as well as a reminder of the reservation from the Restaurant. However, my reservation was cancelled by Provence and I was notified of the cancellation via e-mail the morning of the "dining day". I have no idea why my reservation was cancelled, and it was certainly not by me. This is so rude and such bad business practice of Provence to unilaterally cancel a customer's reservation without any explanation!

• Visited January 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“My favourite French Cuisine anywhere!”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Provence is my restaurant of choice for special occasions - birthday, anniversary, lunch with the ladies, friends in town, etc. The food is prepared creatively using the freshest of ingredients which are in season. Salads such as the warm goat cheese salad with balsamic reduction are wonderful, mains such as any of the fresh fish selections or beef tenderloin are tasty and served to every specification. My favourite dessert is the Tarte au Citron. Service in this restaurant is as good as is the food.

Visited September 2011