“Charge for inedible soup” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Provence Marinaside

Provence Marinaside
Reserve with OpenTable
Provence Marinaside is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 3,680 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: European, French, Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Cross street: Davie
Transit: Stadium Skytrain
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Charge for inedible soup”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went to this restaurant based on other reviews. It was a Wednesday night in early October and the restaurant was only about 20% full. It was good and the noise level low – something I really enjoy.

The problem was the food I had. I ordered the traditional fish soup and the wild salmon. I just could not eat the fish soup. I only managed two spoonfuls. It tasted a bit “different” and my body was telling me NOT to eat it – that I would get ill if I continued. There must have been something wrong with it. I can’t remember something like this ever happening to me. I called the waiter over and told him that “I could not eat it.” He didn’t ask if there was a problem and I didn’t go into detail. He just asked if I wanted something else and I said no. I had been looking forward to a nice, fresh, local fish but now was a bit put off.

My salmon arrived and it was rather dry and with little flavor. Definitely cooked more than the normal medium rare the waiter indicated. I’ve had much better from a cafeteria steam table.

My husband’s food was good. Sorry I could not say so myself. I was very disappointed.

If the fish soup was not spoiled, it certainly seemed as though it had been hot on the stove for far too long. The most disappointing this is that we got charged for fish soup that I could not eat. This is an upscale restaurant and I find this charge to be outlandish. No apology was given. I don’t think the waiter forgot to take it off the bill. Guess that is this restaurant’s policy. My husband didn’t dispute the bill. He just deducted it from the trip. Sorry about that but he just didn’t want to get into a dispute.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Vancouver, Canada
“Created and Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Beautiful location and wonderful creative food. Our waiter Alex was fantastic and helped us with our selection. A friend of ours who lives in the San Francisco area now told us this was one of her favorite places to eat which is why we went there. Not only was it located in a beautiful location by the seawall but the food was fantastic. Can't wait to come back and try another dish.

Visited October 2013
Toronto
“Good service and view, average brunch food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I thought the view was nice and the service was lovely. It was a cozy brunch on a Saturday morning with a friend and I had a great time. I wish I could have loved the food, but I didn't. No fresh squeezed juices or smoothies (only bottled smoothies) and I found that odd for a restaurant that advertises brunch. It felt more like a diner to me. The waffles were kind of soggy, the orange juice not fresh, the coffee average, and the bread with my omelette was pedestrian white bread. I was a bit surprised that the food was not that great given the price - for the same price you can have a great brunch at the Teahouse in Stanley Park with a great setting as well.
So in summary, this felt more like a diner to me for breakfast than a nicer restaurant, but the view and service are great.

Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
“Our Last Dinner Before Leaving Vancouver”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Provence came recommended by a friend of ours who went so far as to buy us a gift certificate to go there! However, while I found the beef tenderloin quite excellent and the wine also very good, I must confess that I was disappointed at having been given 'pomme frites', as they call it, as a side dish. By any other name, they are french fries. When I am paying $30.00 plus for a dish at an upscale restaurant, the last thing I want to see is french fries. As a matter of fact, when they were delivered to the table, I commented, "MacDonald's lives!" The server smiled. However, the service was very good with great attention being paid to us to assure our satisfaction. Just get rid of the fries, folks. You're better than that.

Laurel Springs, New Jersey
“Fabulous meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Unfortunately we didn't get to try more entrees but the Bamboo Rice Risotto (which my husband and I both had) was amazing! It tasted so fresh! Our appetizers were good but the entree was so good that we kind of forgot about them.