“Good service and view, average brunch food”

Provence Marinaside
Reserve with OpenTable
Provence Marinaside is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 3,705 Restaurants in Vancouver
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Cross street: Davie
Transit: Stadium Skytrain
Description: Nestled beside False Creek in the heart of Yaletown, Provence Marinaside offers Vancouver’s most delicious, social, and refined dining experience. Award winning wine list with over 100 wines by the glass, and extensive reserve wine list. A visit to the South of France without the jet lag.
Toronto
“Good service and view, average brunch food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I thought the view was nice and the service was lovely. It was a cozy brunch on a Saturday morning with a friend and I had a great time. I wish I could have loved the food, but I didn't. No fresh squeezed juices or smoothies (only bottled smoothies) and I found that odd for a restaurant that advertises brunch. It felt more like a diner to me. The waffles were kind of soggy, the orange juice not fresh, the coffee average, and the bread with my omelette was pedestrian white bread. I was a bit surprised that the food was not that great given the price - for the same price you can have a great brunch at the Teahouse in Stanley Park with a great setting as well.
So in summary, this felt more like a diner to me for breakfast than a nicer restaurant, but the view and service are great.

Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
“Our Last Dinner Before Leaving Vancouver”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Provence came recommended by a friend of ours who went so far as to buy us a gift certificate to go there! However, while I found the beef tenderloin quite excellent and the wine also very good, I must confess that I was disappointed at having been given 'pomme frites', as they call it, as a side dish. By any other name, they are french fries. When I am paying $30.00 plus for a dish at an upscale restaurant, the last thing I want to see is french fries. As a matter of fact, when they were delivered to the table, I commented, "MacDonald's lives!" The server smiled. However, the service was very good with great attention being paid to us to assure our satisfaction. Just get rid of the fries, folks. You're better than that.

Laurel Springs, New Jersey
“Fabulous meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Unfortunately we didn't get to try more entrees but the Bamboo Rice Risotto (which my husband and I both had) was amazing! It tasted so fresh! Our appetizers were good but the entree was so good that we kind of forgot about them.

Portola Hills, CA
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We were given a recommendation to eat here from a friend at home in the states & were glad we didn't miss out. Wonderful Benedict & omelette to go along with the terrific view while dinning on the patio. They serve some of the best coffee we've had at a restaurant & the service was spot on.

Vernon, British Columbia, Canada
“Good food for your palate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We visited this restaurant twice within a week because of recommendation from a friend. The food is good, the environment and ambience are what we want. I would say this restaurant is a must try while you are in Vancouver. You will enjoy.

• Visited August 2013