“Kind of feel indifferent about this place”

Provence Marinaside
Reserve with OpenTable
Provence Marinaside is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #86 of 3,915 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Cross street: Davie
Transit: Stadium Skytrain
Description: Nestled beside False Creek in the heart of Yaletown, Provence Marinaside offers Vancouver’s most delicious, social, and refined dining experience. Award winning wine list with over 100 wines by the glass, and extensive reserve wine list. A visit to the South of France without the jet lag.
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Came here with a couple girlfriends on a Friday night. We sat in the new wine bar section of the restaurant. We order a number of things off the Bites menu to share to start. (artichokes, risotto balls, bocochini and tomato, olives) They came out all together on one plate which for some reason just accentuated the fact that the portions were tiny. This is not a criticism of the serving size, we knew they were bites but they may want to consider serving each individually on smaller dishes. Anyway I guess I wouldn't have even mentioned it except we didn't think they were all that good either. They were okay but nothing really stood out as good. Since we were still hungry we ordered the cheese plate, which was quite good in portion size and taste. The main courses some of the neighboring tables ordered looked and smelled good so maybe we should have just skipped the appetizers and ordered meals.

The room is fairly small so you are close to your neighbours but we didn't find it loud or closed in. And there is a view out to the marina.

The best part of our experience was the service. Our waitress was a gem.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We dined here with another couple last week, assumed since we were at a marina side restaurant it would be the perfect place to have a great seafood dinner- we were very wrong. To start the service was terrible our waiter mumbled the whole time and left us sitting with no drinks and did not check on us to see if we were enjoying our food, we actually had to flag down another server to grab him as my husbands boulibase was off very off as in bad seafood. After letting the server know he did get the kitchen to make something else but even then he did not check if everything was ok he ignored us until dessert was coming out. As we left I hoped the hostess was going to ask how everything was but she didnt. We wont be back

Reviewed January 21, 2013

we have a wonderful dinner with rack of lamb ordered rare and came rare. The sea bream was perfect the only downside was the quinoa(over rated food fad). The escargot provincial was perfectly cooked.
The ambiance is a little sterile but the service is very good thanks to Lorn and I apologize for the tip I missed calculated.
we didn't choose the Dine Out option but it looked wonderful and we will go back for that and the wine pairing.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Great location , service and food! Food is always of the high quality , nicely cooked and served. Service is attentive and professional. I come here for lunch at least once a month and while it is not your cheap lunch it is very tasty. I keep hearing that brunch here is amazing but have yet to try it since I don't live close by to bring my family out for a brunch.
Ambiance and decor is nice and in summer the marinaside location is a great bonus!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and our three children aged 10, 12, 14 had just one day to spend in Vancouver. We walked to Seawall path and came upon this establishment. We were so glad we did ! It has a very pleasant atmosphere with clearly professional wait staff and very service oriented.

We had brunch. There was a great menu to choose from including some fun twists on the old standbys. Good sized portions and lots of coffee and water. Our children had a very enjoyable meal. We would definitely go back if we had the chance. I would certainly recommend to friends and family. Right on the water with great views no matter your table.