“It was good....”

Ranked #1,617 of 3,808 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Feel in Mexico right in the heart of Vancouver, in our cozy Ponchos Mexican Restaurant, enjoy the flavors and the music of Mexico, live music on weekends. Find a friendly service, and delicious meals prepared right from scratch Delicious desserts bake right here at Ponchos. Every one is welcome!!!!!!! OPEN MONDAY TO SUNDAY 3 TO 11 PM FRI, SAT. SUNDAY OPEN AT 1.00 PM TO 11.00 PM
Vernon, British Columbia, Canada
“It was good....”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I thought the drinks were good. My meal wasn't great, but I think maybe that was authentic mole'. Everyone else enjoyed their food. I just chose the wrong dish. I would try it again and get something different.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Linda M

Leduc, Alberta
“More than we expected!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We found a fine little Mexican restaurant on Denman Street-Poncho's. The place is easily found,only half a block off Robson Street, very close to downtown. We were greeted warmly by the staff, and quickly felt at home. The room looks truly Mexican with a variety of decorations appropriate to a Mexican restaurant. The food was served in good time and it was very tasty. The price was very affordable. The singer was excellent. My wife was serenaded with two of her favorite Mexican ballads. We were very impressed with the restaurant generally and will make a point of returning when we come back to Vancouver!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank JohnLeduc_Alberta
Seattle
“Ok mexican food, good entertainment”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

FIrst off I normally would not recommend Vancouver BC for mexican food but being that it was Cinco de Mayo and the restaurant was 2 blocks from our hotel we decided to give it a try. This is a fine place but the food was just ok. Kind of bland and lackluster. They had a great singer who provided entertainment for our 2 year old. He was a lot of fun. I wouldn't say stay away but like I said nothing special.

Visited May 2013
Irving, Texas
“Felt like home”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Being from Texas I know my way around Mexican food. This little spot in the West End of Vancouver made me feel like I was back in Dallas. The chips and salsa were spot on and the margaritas to start were tasty and packed a punch. I started with some prawns that were sauteed in garlic and spices, cooked to perfection and the portion was just the right size! Next I tried the beef alambres, a spicy beef skirt diced and sizzled up with cheese and bell pepper. The beef was so tender and juicy and the spices were not overwhelming. I wish I had room for dessert, from what I saw the presentation looked amazing as was the flaming coffee. The service was a little slow but the servers themselves were genuine and warm, everything a Mexican restaurant should be. When I go back to Vancouver I will make sure to say hi to Kaeta the owner and enjoy those amazing margaritas!

• Visited March 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Poncho's Mexican”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Good food and ambience. Came here while we stayed at Robson's street. We missed out on the live singing as we came during his last performance. Overall, was very good.

• Visited October 2012