“Decent Pho restaurant in Vancouver, BC”

Pho Thai Hoa Vietnamese Cuisine
Ranked #1,697 of 3,994 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The Kingsway & King Edward location is the chain's original, then they opened a second location along Victoria Dr near 41st (now closed) and third location along Kingsway towards Boundary Road. This review is for their third location. Basically, they serve Pho noodles & variety of rice dishes with lemon grass pork chop or chicken, there is the usual deep fried vietnamese rolls - quite crispy & tasty. They are also known for their vietnamese bun sandwiches (like sub). Service is not top notch, basically take your order & go; waitresses do not always keep an eye on customers so may need to wave your arms to get their attention. This location is somewhat clean and newer. Most of the asian restos along Kingsway accept only cash, but this one also takes debit cards. I have not tried the Kingsway & King Edward location, but I cannot imagine it being serviced any different from this location. Even with not so good service, we still go back for lunches as the food is decent. Have not gotten sick or anything like that. Hope that helps.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

My friend and went here based on the review it got. It wasn't a busy day. Service wasn't very good. Server seemed almost irritated. Dishes are greasy and dirty. I felt so sick afterwards I'm definately convinced I caught a stomach bug. The food was okay but it's cheap. They messed up on our order even though my friend complained and they returned a tad bit better. I asked for chicken instead of pork. She said ok, I have to charge you $1 extra. The meat tasted like pork not chicken. She still charged me $1 extra. They never checked up on us. Not a good way to convince repeat business. My friend suggested we do not leave a tip it was that bad. We were better off getting food from the mall. Thank you Pho Thai Hoa for ruining my Christmas!!!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were eager to try out this place due to its reputation. Indeed the food presentation was above average but it was disappointingly an illusion. The Phnom Penh soup was too salty and the salad that came with the duck bamboo soup was filled with bean sprouts... The rice rolls stuffed with pork and black mushroom was good but the roll itself was a bit too thick. On top of that the male waiter was clueless to being the proper condiments for each dish... He was just not interested in being there. Disappointing experience!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had lunch here.
The buffé was goodtasting and you got a lot of
thai food and even sushi.
The drink and coffee with cockies were included in the
price whis was very reasonable.
Yoy got a lot for your money.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Ok, considering we had problems getting our table to be in a place where the waiters have space to walk by, I could tell we weren't gonna come out happy. The waitress did not say "hi", or anything, she just came and said "what do you want to order?". The strawberry milkshake was, well, not enjoyable. It didn't taste good and I wasted more than half of it. The soup is too salty, and the medium-well beef was practically raw. Take my word for it, order a soft drink and a Vietnamese sandwich!