“Try the Butter Beef”

Cuisines: Cambodian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Take a cab here. You will not enjoy the walk past the neighborhood soup kitchens and methadone clinics. Once there, it is very authentic. The butter beef, fried chicken, and everything else was expertly prepared and the only problem I had was trying to stop stuffing my fat face before I exploded. Very busy place, but the staff still found time to be courteous and friendly.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

My wife and I went here for lunch. It's one of the only places in Chinatown that actually resembles a restaurant. That's why we chose it. The place was packed. We had an option to get a table for ourselves and wait 30 mins or 10 mins and share a table. We chose to share a table. It didn't have the social atmosphere that one would get at benihana, but the other two couples that we sat with were polite. The service was fast and to the point, and not very frequent, but, like I said, they were packed.

Tea was served up front. Good tea, I guess. I'm not really a tea person, but my wife is and she thought it was 'very good'. I ordered the Tiger Prawns with Rice (no. 33) and my wife had the Hot and Sour Soup with Chicken (no. 47). Turns out the tiger prawns, was just 1 tiger prawn. HUGE! It was on a bed of steamed rice, shell still on, no biggie. The soup was served in a worn bowl. Still had burn marks on the sides from the oven. Soup wasn't burned (as I don't think one can burn soup), but it looked like what ever was served before it was. Not sure if that's an atmosphere thing or they didn't have time to wash the dish. Either way, soup was good.

Overall the experience was okay. Okay service, okay atmosphere, okay food.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

This restaurant is so popular with the local Asian community, don't even come here for lunch until after 1:30. The wings are their signature dish, crispy deep fried with a sprinkling of kosher salt and piping hot - everyone dives in when they come to the table. The beef is another mainstay dish - both cooked & raw that is so good. We just can't stop eating when we come here.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

My wife and I recently had lunch at this wonderful restaurant that specializes in Cambodian and Vietnamese cuisine. The service--and the place was humming--and the food were superb. The price was more than reasonable and lunch was generous and smartly prepared. An excellent value in a very pricey city.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Came here Saturday 5pm and our family of 4 had to wait 15 minutes. Actually not bad considering others have said the waits can be considerable. Service was great, food was great and just an overall excellent experience. Yes, Absolutely recommended! You will not be disappointed with food for sure. I believe there is a 10% discount for take out. As we ordered the deep fried chicken wings I say eat in for the fresh/crispy texture. 5 stars!

1  Thank pwong8548