“Good Food-authentic Mexican”

Neighborhood: South Granville
coquitlam, british columbia
“Good Food-authentic Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Nice friendly and authentic restaurant! Live music on weekends and good drinks! Reasonable rates and good selection. Fish tacos are always On special. Salsa and chips free to start but a small portion with very little so-so salsa is provided. Not enough spicy peppers or good hot salsa seemed to be available - that would be my only complaint. Tabasco is provided - but that's not the same. Restaurantuers need to get out and see what the competition is serving to keep up. A good home- made salsa / guacamole will bring you back every time. The clam and mussel appy was excellent.

1 Thank tromponya

Whistler
“Mexican Delight”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

I must admit we wondered into Pepitas because we couldn't get into Las Margaritas on Fourth Ave. in Vancouver. There was just too long a lineup and we were very hungry. I was also hot and thirsty, The first thing I did when arriving at my table was order a cold Corona and when it was presented it was ice cold and delicious. The Mexican food was so so compared to other restaurants we have tried. It was tasty but just lacked that extra oomph that makes it memorable, For instance the taco chips that arrive as a gratis appetizer were few, cold and stale. The dinners were alright but lacked the extra jack cheese that makes them delicious. All in all we enjoyed the evening but would propably not return..

• Visited June 2012
West Vancouver, Canada
“A taste of Mexico :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

My spouse and I enjoyed lunch at Pepitas on Top yesterday. We were greeted by the gentleman apparently 'doing the books' by 'come join the party!', which made us laugh as there were only patrons at a couple of the tables. Our Mexican waitress was very courteous, and I loved the authentic music - felt like I was back in Manzanillo listening to 'Armando Torres' (my favourite CD that he even signed for me). Decor was authentic - from the paper flags to the dead armadillo? climbing on the 'cantina roof'. Food was very good - could have been a little hotter, but the beef and chicken enchiladas with mole sauce and beans tasted fresher than other places I've tried lately. The waitress returned my Entertainment coupon after taking of the discount, inviting us to come for dinner too! As she said gracias after I paid, I automatically responded 'de nada' (it's nothing / you're welcome). Wish it wasn't so far away from home - it's a mini Mexico experience (oh yes, the cook kept coming out between dishes to watch the Mexico / Italy soccer match on the big flat screen) at a busy traffic intersection. There's even little cacti in the planters outside the windows.... and don't forget to order a Negra Modelo - the cream of beers!

• Visited May 2012
stew985
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2011

My wife and I went here because Los Margaritas had a 1/2 hour wait and we should have waited the half hour. I get the feeling that the restaurant is in barely making mode. We both ordered a margarita at the cost of close to $7 and got this tiny very green drink. It was the smallest margarita I have ever had. It tasted ok but at that price for it I sipped it very slowly. I ordered the chicken burrito and my wife ordered a taco salad. My burrito comprised of chicken with a white sauce wrapped it tortilla and that was it. It was served with what I think was instant rice basic pinto and an iceberg lettuce salad. My wife’s salad was served in a tortilla bowl but was pretty much ice berg lettuce and some chicken. No beans or sauce or dressing. I go to the US fairly often and there are so many great mexican restraunts there and here in vancouver I'm yet to find anything close. This place would barely get a customer in the US.

• Visited April 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Live music really lights...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2008

Live music really lights up this place. Love their own salsa and thin tortillas, light and refreshing.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook