“Competent”
Review of Mosaic Grille

Mosaic Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Mosaic Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #292 of 3,845 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Georgia Street
Transit: Our restaurant is conveniently located across the street from the Burrard Skytrain Station. Located at Burrard and Georgia Street, there are several different transit routes to get to our location.
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We recently enjoyed a quick lunch at Mosaic. It is too bad we had a seminar to get to - the room and service were so nice we could have lingered on for awhile.

Mosaic is a nice open area, alive but not too noisy, with lots of glass looking out onto downtown. We had a nice table right by the window. It was a beautiful day for November, and it was a great setting. Perhaps on a wintery day, there might be a draft from all that glass, but we sure didn't notice it this day.

I ordered the Asian Chicken Salad, while my guests ordered the Reuben and Clubhouse sandwiches. Each dish was tasty, ample and elegantly presented. Of all of the dishes, my salad might have been the least successful. It was tasty, just very monotone in flavour and texture. It needed something for variety. I kept dipping into the delightful buttermilk biscuits they provided to give me a contrast in taste and texture.

As mentioned, the service was exemplary all around - warm, friendly and attentive when needed. I would definitely go back and perhaps try one of those sandwiches my associates had.

There are newer reviews for Mosaic Grille

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I ate at Mosaic the first day I arrived at the Hyatt. The waiter was excellent; attentive without being too much so. I had smoked salmon on a bagel from the breakfast menu and it was literally the best I have ever - hands down - eaten. Stayed to meet some colleauges for lunch and was there for so long that I ordered an appetizer (crab cake). It was very good but not nearly as good as the smoked salmon. And for $15 I would have expected more than 1. My colleague ordered the ceasar salad (said it was just "ok") and the other rotini pasta which was (pretty good). The atmosphere was terrific, the staff were excellent, and the food was very good. I don't know that I would race back but I definitely would go back. There's just so much competition in Vancouver that it's hard to go anywhere twice unless the food is spectacular.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We met a group of friends at Mosaic, in the Hyatt. Service was prompt, atmosphere was chic. Food was not all that special, considering the price. The seafood entrees were good, but accompaniments were a bit unusual in my opinion -- like roasted okra? The chocolate cake we had for dessert was dry.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

One food I rarely eat on my travels is a hamburger but for some reason that is exactly what I craved on a recent trip to Vancouver. So four of us, my wife and two friends who live in the city, went to the Mosaic Bar and Grille. All of us ended up ordering the Angus Burger and we all agreed that it was the best burger any of us had ever tasted. Hey, the craft beers and service were also good. No complaints!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Very classy experience! Enjoyed the fresh fruits, omelets, muffins, not to mention the very attentive service, and complimentary newspaper. Very open setting, nice view of the commuter bustle below.