“Recommended!”
Review of Mosaic Grille

Mosaic Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Mosaic Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #340 of 3,749 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Georgia Street
Transit: Our restaurant is conveniently located across the street from the Burrard Skytrain Station. Located at Burrard and Georgia Street, there are several different transit routes to get to our location.
California
“Recommended!”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Fine food, in the Hyatt Regency Vancouver. Sustainable fare, very tasty and elegantly prepared. Also a good value.

Visited April 2012

Calgary, Canada
“good hotel food, on the expensive side (like all hotel food)”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Breakfast buffet is very expensive although a wide variety of foods. It would benefit from some more lunch selections on the weekend. $26 is steep if it's not on an expense account. Good, efficient, friendly service. Had good burgers there yesterday for lunch, great buns, crisp on the outside, soft on the inside, fresh hot fries. Quick friendly service, automatic refill on soft drinks without asking. All in all a good experience. It was very busy in there, so reflective of food and service.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Geordie_calgarian
Vancouver
“Fantastic”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Like the reviewer below we went because of a Travelzoo coupon. We didn't realize when we reserved that it was Dine Out - which we usually avoid like the plague. The restaurant was very busy when we arrived and we asked the Maitre D' if we could sit at the bar for a while until some of the crowd left. He was very accommodating. When we were seated, we noticed that the lighting was at full blast and it gave the restaurant a White Spot feel. But that was our only complaint of the night. The food was excellent: Crab Cakes, Charcuterie, Salmon and Venison as good as any we've had. The wine list, though small was varied and offered many by the glass. Our server , Kelly, was simply excellent. We will definitely return.

• Visited January 2012
Surrey, Canada
“Excellent food, service and ambiance”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We visited this restaurant using one of the travelzoo vouchers. Our meal was delicious starting with the crab cakes. I have had crab cakes before but none to equal these. I chose the wild cod for a main which was cooked to perfection. The chocolate cake was also very good and the portion was so generous it took me 2 more meals to finish it. The "doggie bag" was also interesting and reusable.
Our service was 5 star, I would definitly return for another meal and have recommended it to others.

• Visited January 2012
USA
“A fairly typical restaurant hotel”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I ate three meals at Mosaic over the course of my stay and generally had good experiences all times.

My first meal was comprised of a quesadilla and Stella Artois. The quesadilla was definitely a Canadian take on the classic dish, but it was more than satisfying. The attentive service- at the bar- made it all the more enjoyable.

For my second meal, I had a seafood chowder. The seafood, specifically the salmon, was flavorful. I also had the highly recommended chocolate cake. It was truly an experience. I highly recommend it.

For my last meal, I booked the breakfast buffet. Among the offerings were eggs benedict, bacon, sausage, ham, croissants, rugalech-like pastry, fruits, cheese, bagels, and muffins. The sausage, croissants, grapefruit were among my favorite offerings. The eggs benedict were pretty average, the muffins on the dry side, and the belgian waffles, cold. Even though I was disappointed by the food I recognize that there were some good dishes and that the sheer number of people in attendance meant that food had to be prepared quickly. I just wish there were more substantial standouts on the menu.

When I go back to Vancouver, I will certainly eat at Mosaic again; I just won't have the breakfast buffet.

• Visited December 2011