“India Delight”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: South Granville
Cross street: Fir
Reviewed December 27, 2012

A delightful lunch-hour buffet can be enjoyed at Maurya Indian Cuisine on Broadway just west of Granville. Each day, new selection of curries are set out in steam trays along with condiments and relishes. Hi ceilings, lush drapery and darkwood furniture enchance the atmosphere of opulence where we can linger over the complex flavours of Indian cuisine. I often hope there is butter chicken and lamb korma; always there are vegetarian selections that tempt me. Knowing I want to leave room for mango pudding for desert, it is always difficult to limit temptation to pile my plate high with so many well prepared offerings. I don't get back there often enough, but when I do seem to leave thinking I should get back sooner than I do.

There are newer reviews for Maurya Indian Cuisine

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had an excellent lunch at Maurya's this week - a little cold in the restaurant at first but the buffet was excellent - the pakora's were really crisp and good and the cauliflower (sorry can't remember the proper name!) was outstanding. I enjoyed the butter chicken - mostly white meat which I like.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Went to Maurya with another couple for a birthday Dinner and everything we ordered with the help of a wonderful named waitress Joren was delicious and the coup de grace was them bringing my son a birthday desert with a sparkler .
So great service lovely airy place and will definitely go again.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Went there for the first time with another couple and shared several entrees. This was recommended by another party and we were more than impressed. Quality of the food and the price point were surprising given that this is a Vancouver restaurant. Service was excellent and the dining room beautiful and comfortable. Plan to go there again next month and bring my 2 adult sons to share the experience.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

We were planning a dinner for our wedding guest the day after the wedding. We were 65 people and were were ensured byt the manager of the restaurant that they would be able to accomodate us. We payed almost $50 /person which we thought was expensive but the manager ensured us that there would be all you can eat food. Food would be brought to the tables continiously. A few times prior to thedinner event we went to the restaurant several times to try to food and check out the service. We experienced a very unfriendly female waitress and we specifically asked the manager not to have her serve us at the night of the dinner with your friends and family of 65 people..

The evening of the dinner:

-We had specifically asked that we did not want the canadian unfriendly waitriss but of course she served us. We had quite a few comments from family members about how unfriendly she was.

-The table setting was not set the way the waiter and I had agreed on the day of the event. This even thought I made an effort to go there in the morning the same day to explain the table setting for him and he said it was ok and that it was possible to do the table setting the way we agreed.

-I had sent a list of the meny and the manager confirmed with an email back that it was fine. We spent money on printing the meny and when we arrived at the dinner the waiter told us the meny was not wrong so all the menys we had printed went to waste.

- we were served chicken tikka even though we had specifically agreed and told you that we wanted chicken tikka masala for the dinner.

-The food did not keep on comming as we were told . The food plates were so small and there were e.g one rise plate left for a group of 8 people to take from. Each plate that was delivered to the table was enough for maybe 2-3 people but there were 8 people at each table.....way to little food. People were hungry after the dinner and many of the guests went to earls after the dinner and had some food.

-On the bill that my husband and I payed there were several charges of tea and other things even though we had agreed on that tea and coffe etc was included in the plate charge.

We had an awful experience at the restaurant and when we wrote to the manager to inform her about our experience she did not respond back and did not even appologise.

Terrible, terribel experience. Go here if you want to be hungry after you leave the restaurant.

Because the restaurant got nominated to best indian restaurant 5 yeras ago does not mean they still in 2012 is the best indian restaurant.

1  Thank Mina T