“Good Food and Great Service”
Review of Le Crocodile

Le Crocodile
Ranked #13 of 3,952 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Husband and I were recently visiting Vancouver and told we MUST go to Le Crocodile. It is a nice little restaurant, cozy but not too close to other patrons and while there was a general buzz of conversation, you didn't have to shout to be heard.

I had the set menu along with the sommeliers wine pairings. Waiter was attentive even though they seemed to be extremely busy for a Tuesday night. We were there close to 3 hours but it didn't seem that long.
Crab tart and caribou were melt in the mouth. One course was a risotto, it seemed to me to be a little undercooked because it wasn't smooth but kind of chewy but I didn't want to say anything because maybe this is what risotto is supposed to taste like?

Had a great time and it was a nice end to our Vancouver vacation.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Wow. I've never gone here due to the prices but decided to try it out when my friend wanted to go for her birthday party. Everything about this restaurant was amazing. Yes, it is high end but the money was well worth it. The service was so good from beginning to end. Everybody in the restaurant were very friendly and accommodating. Our glasses were always topped up and cutlery changed between courses. The portion sizes left us all feeling full. The food was delicious. The courses were spaced out well. This was such a positive experience. Will definitely come back here again.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I arrived at the restaurant for our 7:00 reservation. When we entered the restaurant we were greeted by the lovely owner who took our coats and hung them for us and then told us due to the hockey playoffs running over, they were 15 minutes behind. As a result, she offered us a complimentary glass of wine which they served us at the chairs we were waiting in. While waiting on our meal they offered us homemade crispy pencil fries that reminded me of the ones I had as a child. The menu was fabulous. My veal chop was 2" thick and amazing with the sauce and sides. My husband had caribou for the first time which was tender and not gamey. The table service and waiters were awesome. The restaurant itself was very quaint and romantic. We had one of the best meals we have ever eaten. We are Huge Foodies and travel to eat and this restaurant comes Highly recommended.

1  Thank southernbelle831
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Had a very pleasant dinner with my wife.
My expectations were set very high and were met, a pleasant surprise these days
Most importantly food and service were stellar: execution, presentation, pairings, and delivery. Cuisine is traditional with a bit of "nouvelle cuisine" presentation. Do not expect "haute cuisine".
Atmosphere is nothing special, but I knew that going in. Pictures give an impression of an old school dining hall and that's about right. I came there for food and service though, so no impact on five star rating.
Again, as expected, the meal was not cheap. Fair value considering the quality and portion sizes. I mean foie gras was almost the size of a main dish.
Wine selection was great and it was easy to make a decision.
Definitely recommend!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Been to many the top French restaurants all over the world so coming in expectations were average, especially looking at the online menu.
We chose this restaurant because we love French food and reviews put it as the best one in Vancouver and it was very close to our hotel and able to walk back after our meal.

The location was not obvious, but from start to finish the experience was absolutely wonderful!
The staff, although quite young, were all great, professional and so knowledgeable. Exactly what you would expect from a top French Bistro.
The list of daily specials was longer than the actual menu and had all our french favorites. Too many choices, decisions were gut wrenching ;)
La Tarte Tatin was amazing, its my all time fave and was one of the best I ever had. Luckily is was a small portion.

Would go back 100% if ever in Vancouver again!