“Oh my....food is going down hill.......”
Review of Le Crocodile

Le Crocodile
Ranked #11 of 3,870 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Took my in-laws here for dinner.... the place was jammed packed. Service is always good here, they pamper you to death. Food on the other hand is 'just OK'. We had the prawns for appy and they were NOT fresh. Foie Gras was a bit over done. The food was nothing spectacular and in the end, I simply was NOT wowed.

1  Thank mjbcmjbc

Reviewed June 17, 2013

If you are missing french food while in Vancouver, you can go to this restaurant as it is located in central downtown Vancouver. The food is outstanding, but very pricey. If you love Duck confit, roasted rack of lamb or beef tenderloin with pommes frites, this is the place to go. The dessert is also outstanding as well, specially the Grand Marnier Souffle if they have it available on that day.

1  Thank t7c192
Reviewed June 16, 2013

If you like French food this is the place for you! The food was delicious and the service was great. The only down fall of this place was it was quite loud and VERY expensive...but the food did make up for it. If you decide to try Le Crocodile..bring lots of money.

1  Thank Natacha B
Reviewed June 10, 2013

One of, if not the, best dining experience my wife and I have ever had.

Service was like watching poetry in motion, and *every* single piece of food that we ate was exceptional. It was wonderful.

Noise level was a touch on the loud side, but the service and food made up for it.

Eating here will cost you $$$$, but as a special occasion it's more than worth it!

1  Thank iDogbert
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My daughter and I were planning a visit to Vancouver so I had done a bit of investigation into restaurants for a nice dinner. I made a reservation online at Le Crocodile. It turned out to be only a few blocks to from our hotel, so we were able to walk to the restaurant. There was an option of ourdoor seating but we chose to eat indoors. The restaurant is quite small and intimate. We were greeted warmly upon arrival, seated promptly and our waiter was attentive without being intrusive. We started with the pastry wrapped escargot for a starter. I had the veal medallions which were delectable... (the sauce on the veal was so good I would have liked to eat it with a spoon.) My daughter had a seafood fetuccine which she enjoyed very much. (The one negative was that the lobster claw meat on her pasta was served with the 'cartilage' still inside, which made it impossible to cut, so difficult to eat.) We topped the meal off with desert - creme caramel for me and a chocolate mousse for my daughter. The deserts were likely the only somewhat disappointing part of the meal. I am a lover of Creme Caramel, and this was nice but not the best I have had.
However, overall we had a lovely evening, and would recommend Le Crocodile.