“Worth Every Dollar”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Visiting Vancouver from the USA. I was looking for a special resturant to take my daughter and son in law. This was the place. Frog legs, bone marrow and escargo started this great meal. I had the sea bass that was cooked perfectly. The sauces on every dish where great.
The service and staff where over the top. On next trip this will be at the top of my list.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I knew that the local delicacy was in season, but it really only registered when our waiter started enumerating the daily specials. What a way to start a meal with an old acquaintance who had suggested this restaurant which I had last frequented twenty years ago! The rest of the meal was equally good, as was the service throughout

A nice final touch was the salutation in French by the maitre d' as we departed the restaurant

Reviewed May 21, 2013

When I eat at Le Crocodile I always let the staff choose my wine. I have found that I learn more that way about what wine goes well with what food and why. Who knew that a sweet Sauternes is the best compliment to fois gras? I do NOW.
The staff is extremely knowledgeable and as one of my colleagues put it "are more like partners in the experience than simply waiters".

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I can't even begin to describe the great quality of food serve in this restaurant.. just imagine, we were a party of 7, each ordered different appetizers and Main Courses... Everything was FANTASTIC... I know because I tried everything... Trust me..!! Don't forget to make reservation, or you wouldn't get a table,. They are always full..

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I visit the Vancouver area annually and spend a few days dining with clients. Le Crocodile is my favorite location in downtown and is an excellent place for a lasting impression. The noise level can get a little energetic near the bar area but the food is tremendous. I had the caribou which was a special the night I was last there. It was wonderfully prepared. My customers had the Chilean Sea Bass which also looked perfectly cooked. I can't wait until my next visit.