“OMG...”

Le Crocodile
Ranked #5 of 3,705 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: West End
Jakarta, Indonesia
“OMG...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I can't even begin to describe the great quality of food serve in this restaurant.. just imagine, we were a party of 7, each ordered different appetizers and Main Courses... Everything was FANTASTIC... I know because I tried everything... Trust me..!! Don't forget to make reservation, or you wouldn't get a table,. They are always full..

Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
“Great for lasting impressions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I visit the Vancouver area annually and spend a few days dining with clients. Le Crocodile is my favorite location in downtown and is an excellent place for a lasting impression. The noise level can get a little energetic near the bar area but the food is tremendous. I had the caribou which was a special the night I was last there. It was wonderfully prepared. My customers had the Chilean Sea Bass which also looked perfectly cooked. I can't wait until my next visit.

Park City, Utah
“Truly amazing meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We both had the chef's tasting menu with the matching wine pairings. I have to say they without question, this was the most astounding meal we have ever had at a restaurant. The tasting portions were more than adequate , but the quality and presentation were exceptional. The staff was extremely attentive. In fact, we remarked early on that any passing server was more than happy to clear our plates or refill glasses. (Not neccesarily our server). This is very indicative of a well trained staff. Our meal consisted of white asparagus cream soup, foie gras (paired with a sweet Sauternes- unusual, but very good!) a chunk of fresh pan fried halibut, them the main course of lamb chops and duck breast, followed by a ball of coconut sorbet, then the dessert of cocoa pot de creme and a profiteroles type of pastry with chocolate. It was all so good! We will be back!

Vancouver
“Delicious lunch and very good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

We went for a special occasion lunch and we were impressed. We enjoyed everything that we ordered and the servers were attentive and pleasant. Also, we appreciated the little extras from the kitchen. The food was very well-prepared and beautifully plated. We will most definitely return.

Vancouver, Canada
“Frogs Legs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The food, service, and energy of Le Crocodile makes it Vancouver's best French restaurant. I cannot go to this restaurant without having the frogs legs. OMG delicious! Saying frogs legs tastes like chicken is like saying beef tastes like pork. In my opinion the legs are better... so tender and full of flavor! Their wine list prices for the scale of the restaurant is very reasonable (Masi Costasera approx 15$ less than other places). Also, the portion sizes of this French fine dining restaurant always leaves me feeling stuffed. The staff are all very friendly and knowledgeable. 9 times out of 10 Chef Michele (owner and head Chef) will come by to say hi or send over a glass of port and or dessert (we go enough for this kind of appreciation). My only minor dislike is the decor and room. It's a little dated. However, the ambiance and energy is great. I love Le Crocodile!

• Visited April 2013