“Long-time fan of Kamei Royale”
Review of Kamei Royal

Kamei Royal
Ranked #312 of 3,978 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I've been to KR probably close to 10 times in 7 years. The food is reliably good but not spectacular. The service is fast and quiet. I love the décor, energy, and ambience of this place. Always feels like I've been transported to Japan. I have had dates here, lunch with friends, and now family meals. Value for the $ is high. If I could go every weekend, I would.

Miso is tasty. Tempura yam roll was satisfying. I ordered a veggie roll with quinoa which was beautifully presented but messy to eat.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Super choice, fast service, and very tasty dishes. Very well worth a visit! Well worth a try is the cherry blossom - salmon, tuna, and avocado - delicious!

1  Thank WifiAddict
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Consistently great service and food. Highly recommended. Our family has been going to this restaurant and everyone enjoys the variety of choices we have on the menu. Ingredients are always fresh and oysters are great as well.

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Perhaps it was a bad night but not sure why so highly reviewed. Service was slow at each point. We order yam fries and oysters to start and the cooked item arrived much earlier than the oysters. Then the empty fries were removed but the empty bowl and my dirty plate sat. Several sushi items were brought but did not have a clean plate. Had to wait a while for the waitress. The sushi was average at best.

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

My family and inlaws reserved and ate at Kamei Royal near Burrard and Georgia, close to the Art Gallery on Robson. It's a nice location and venue, like the restaurant on Broadway. We've eaten there numerous times, and the food has always been rather good, though the service may be lacking. (The waitresses seem tired from serving the demands of many guests, often from the nearby convention centre.) Kamei's centrality is its prime appeal. For conversationalists, the tatami rooms offer more privacy than booths, if you don't mind taking off your shoes. Parking for Kamei is expensive, but it's within walking distance of skytrain stations. It's not the best sushi, but the food must be relatively good, because Japanese friends when visiting from Asia sometimes eat there. My inlaws love their oysters and my child likes their udon, so we'll be returning to Kamei Royal--if we're in the mood for seafood.