“Amazing”

Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 3,705 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Robson Street
Cross street: Robson
Description: In keeping with the reputation of the man whose name we adopted, Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House has achieved legendary status in Vancouver. For 30 years, Joe Fortes has consistently earned and maintained its reputation as an award-winning Vancouver restaurant. Guests from the world over have come to expect a dynamic culinary experience in this San Francisco styled seafood grill that always delivers more - more hospitality, more variety and more buzz. This iconic Vancouver restaurant is conveniently located just off of bustling Robson Street. Joe Fortes is where locals and visitors alike come to enjoy the food in town, complemented by an award-winning wine list that boasts over 300 wines, and a uniquely personal level of service and hospitality. Quality, service and reputation - that's the stuff that we are made of. And that's what you can look forward to experiencing on each and every visit to Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House. We look forward to serving you.
COLORADO SPRINGS
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We were looking for a good fish restaurant in Vancouver and had Jo's recommended. What a treat. The food was delicious, we had the miso black cod and the steak - it was to die for! We are both particular about our food so it was especially wonderful when all was coked to our request and simply great. The service was impeccable and the atmosphere fun!
Reservations recommended as they were turning people away. They have a piano player at night so we found sitting in the upper level better and not so crowded. Definitely a return visit in order.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Outstanding Service and Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I booked a table for 2 online requesting a booth indicating this was a business dinner and would last about 2 hours. I have been here a number of times both for lunch and dinner and always found the food and service to be very good. Not only did the hostess confirm the request and take us to a booth, the server was obviously aware of our my request and paced our dinner accordingly. We were made to feel very welcome and were not rushed even though the restaurnat was full. All of the staff were very professional and friendly. My companion and I both ordered the arctic char which was excellent, served piping hot but still very moist. It was delicious. There is a good selection of wines in all price ranges and if you like oysters, the fresh selection is extensive and impressive. I will be back soon.

Sausalito, California
“My "birthday" dinner in Vancouver”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

A hotel concierge recommended this restaurant when i said I wanted to eat seafood and it was well worth the 4 block walk in the COLD. I happened to hit "Happy Hour", and enjoyed sitting at the bar, as i chatted with a fun couple seated next to me, and the very friendly and professional staff. Jenn and Erin were running the bar. I had oysters (speciality in BC) rockefeller, followed by a beef carpaccio with capers and shaved parmesan. I tried both the BC --forget the names--sauvignon blanc and unoaked chardonnay. Someone had found out it was my birthday and Erin asked me, "if you were to have to have to choose between a chocolate cake and creme brulee, which would you want?" Next thing I knew, a creme brulee bearing one blue candle-- which amazingly stood up alone on the plate--was in front of me.
I liked that the all service bar had an espresso machine, just like in Europe, and had a very good expresso at the end of the meal. Amazingly, all this came to a Happy Hour price of under $30! Corner of Thurlow and Georgia Streets downtown. This seems to be the place for good seafood.

Visited March 2013
“Joe Does a Great Job of Brunch, Too”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had previously eaten at Joe Fortes ( see my previous review). Our practice as out of town visitors is to try new restaurants and we rarely return to a restaurant unless it has really impressed. The food and our experience at Joe Fortes had been so wonderful, we thought we`d try brunch. We’re so glad we did.

Once again, the service was top notch. Our waiter struck just the right note: friendly but not inappropriately so; gracious and attentive but not obsequious; there when we wanted him but never hovering.

The food again was delicious. We started with mimosas and the chocolate chip scones and deep fried pickles. I had the chicken and waffles- an enormous portion that was comprised of two large pieces of chicken and two sections of waffles- easily shareable, but I ate every morsel. My partner enjoyed the seafood hash. Everything was delicious. We could barely get up to leave- clearly we overate, but it was impossible for us to say no.

I don`t know when we will next return to Vancouver, but when we do, Joe Fortes will be on our list of must-dos.

West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Freshest seafood, excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

During the Vancouver International Wine Festival we visited this restaurant with a winery principal from Napa Valley. We ordered 12 oysters and a bottle of bubbly. Delicious! No other words needed. Everything that passed us on plates looked fresh and a healthy size portion. Want to go back for some Jumbo prawns. If you are a seafood lover and are in Vancouver, this restaurant is buzzing, the bar scene has still got it's finger on the pulse, great location on Thurlow, just off Robson Street. The roof top patio is a must in the summer. Surrounded by flowers and fresh herbs and umbrellas, it is a place to be under the sun.