“Excellent”

India Gate Restaurant
Ranked #682 of 3,845 Restaurants in Vancouver
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Robson Street
Description: Classic Northern Indian cuisine, with vegetarian-friendly dishes & delivery service.
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten many indian meals in my time and this one ranked high. The fish pakoras were light and delicate and not overcooked. For mains we had lamb tikka which was very tender and chicken spinach (sag) which could have been presented better but tasted good. Nans were a bit thin and service got a little fragile when it was busy but the owners were real.

1  Thank Clare d
Salar R, Manager at India Gate Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for the review and the ratings, Clare. Do drop by soon again to try some of our other specialties!

There are newer reviews for India Gate Restaurant

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was visiting Vancouver for the first time, attending a conference, and my hotel recommended the India Gate. I met two friends there and we had a delightful meal. When I walked through the door, I said, "Oh my goodness, it smells delicious!" Each of us ordered different vegetarian dishes and shared them, though there were a number of delicious-sounding meat dishes as well. We had a lovely time.

1  Thank styler42

Thank you, Styler for the kind words. We are ecstatic to hear this! Do drop by soon again.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

The service was excellent. I really liked the Sheekh Kebab it was really good but the other items were average.

Thank you for the review. We'll make sure that you enjoy a 5 star experience next time.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

If Your looking for a good Indian meal in downtiwn Vancouver this is the place to go.

Thank you, Mike. Do drop by soon again!

Reviewed February 15, 2012

My husband & I went here one Saturday afternoon, before attending the Charlie Winston sound check at the Commodore Ballroom. The location was EXCELLENT. We had nice chat with the owner. We were a little nervous about the food being spicy and we had never eaten Indian food outside of home. We were assured that it could be made with little or no heat. The food arrived VERY quickly and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We had butter chicken and Lamb curry with Pappadums. With soft drinks, our bill came to $38 (we had an entertainment coupon worth $13, so it actually was $25) I imagine that this place would be a great place to get REAL food after a concert, to fill up you tummy with goodness after drinking in the night clubs! We will return!

1  Thank daun0

Glad you liked the food as well as the service, Daun. See you soon next time!