“Birthday Celebration”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had the opportunty to visit the very nice restaurant on Monday night for a birthday celebration. There were 7 of us in total and started at 7.00pm. First impressions were really nice attentive staff who showed us to our table. The decor and atmosphere just oozed class as did the service. The food was excellent i had penne aribiata and it was cooked perfectly. The wine list was huge and the whole dining experience was at a relaxed pace. We were almost last to leave and were reassured several times that we were welcome to take our time. We were never rushed. When the cake was served the lady who showed us to our table and sagn happy birthday. She is clearly a trained opera singer and her voice was amazing. All in all, it was a top quality experience.

1  Thank Stephen K

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Terrific service . Went on a wet evening and had a great table. The room was really warm and inviting and filled up by the time we left -Although they had run out of the wine I chose the maitre d suggested another wine that was really excellent. Started with the calamari (both my guest and I thought it was excellent) He had the osso bucco (which he said was delicious) and I had veal liver - both delicious with lots of great fall vegetables. Dessert was really good (apple tart was one of the best I have ever had). Only negative was it was a little pricey. (probably about 10%)

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This review is based on 3 dining experiences between 2006-2010 and therefore may not reflect the experience diners might have today. At the time, I had just arrived in Canada from Europe and certainly savvy about Italian cuisine. While the food is certainly of good quality, it isn't anything special that you wouldn't receive in a Trattoria anywhere in Italy at a more budget price. Pasta is definitely overcharged here. and if you're not one of the "in-crowd", you get treated like a 2nd class citizen with long waits for seating (despite reservations) and more waits for your order. 1 hour for a pasta main dish is unacceptable. "On the bright side", we were seated on the patio next to Pierce Brosnan's table. Whoppee! :)

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I went here with a very special person for dinner and the evening was absolutely fabulous. The food is great, the staff is great. Ambience was just right. I had a great time

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and i went here on a recommendation from friends and we loved it.The food was great the service excellent and the ambiance superb.
The waiter asked how their restaurant would go in NYC and i told them they would have no trouble competing with any Italian restaurant in NY.