“Great fare, excellent service and surprisingly affordable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hamilton Street Grill - CLOSED

Hamilton Street Grill
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Cross street: Nelson
Vancouver, Canada
“Great fare, excellent service and surprisingly affordable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

After countless times of saying we would like to try this eatery we finally made it here and are glad that we did. Set in Vancouver’s Yaletown district the Hamilton Street Grill has an unassuming exterior that carries on into the dining room. Its’ casual, minimalistic and tasteful décor is comfortable and inviting.

We were greeted at the door immediately: the attentive and welcoming service continued right through our visit. Glancing around the room my observation is that friendly service is what one can expect.

The food was very good, and despite being a “steak place” we opted for the lamb shank and salmon. Both entrées were executed well and arrived at the table hot – a seemingly lofty goal for many dining establishments. Overall we were quite impressed and pleasantly surprised at the reasonable prices given the high rent/taxes Yaletown location.

The experience earns an “excellent” from this hard to impress diner. We will definitely return.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank John S

Edmonton, Canada
“Yuck”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Bought a Groupon since I was visiting my sons and thought I'd take them out for a yummy meal. First, very disappointed that the Groupon selections were restricted to a special "Groupon Menu." What? Started with Tuna Carpaccio which was delicious, but things went downhill from there. Starter tomato soup tasted suspiciously like Campbell's (no joke). Mac & Cheese, okay but forgettable; Cavatappi, yuck, underseasoned and overcooked pasta; third entree was a chicken pasta dish that tasted like something I'd be disappointed making at home. Dessert was okay, chocolate mousse yum, creme brulee was good except for mysterious black dots at the bottom of the ramekin which we were told was vanilla seeds, I cook with vanilla seeds, they don't look like that. All in all a total waste of time. Even though we had a Groupon I felt ripped off. Don't bother, there are so many good restaurants on Hamilton Street.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank chewybiteme
Downey, CA
“Great food, nice location, great value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

The Hamilton Street Grill has good food and the price is not bad for the portion size. We went on my actual birthday, on a rainy Sunday night. Surprisingly enough the main entree took a while to come out even though it was not very crowded. When it got there, it was gret though.

We shared the caesar salad. I had the pork chop with gnocchi. My hubby had the short ribs with pasta. Scrumptious! I also got a creme brûlée On the house for my bday! Devine!

Vancouver
“never ever disappointed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is my goto restaurant in Yaletown for business dinners. Service and food is always predictably excellent. Menu has excellent options on it for both high end and more casual encounters. Value for money is awesome

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great food, wonderful service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had the pleasure of trying the Hamilton Street Grill in August. I must start by saying that the service was fantastic - our server made great recommendations for cocktails, knew the menu inside and out, and was polite, attentive, and charming. We started with an appetizer of chipotle, bacon, cream mussels that were absolutely wonderful! My entree was the Short Rib Pasta; the pasta was perfectly done and the meat was very tender and beautifully complimented by the cafe au lait sauce. Our server recommended a gingerbread pudding for dessert that was absolutely to die for. This is a great restaurant for a night out with friends or a romantic dinner.