“Great menu”

Ranked #1,853 of 3,893 Restaurants in Vancouver
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Granville Street
Cross street: Smithe and Granville
Description: The Donnelly Group’s flagship cocktail taverns expansive back bar is over 9 feet high and constructed of red oak, well-stocked with the makings for the cocktails that inform the room’s drink selection. Antique seltzer bottles, classic novels and assorted oddities sit behind glass while the smooth black bartop is dimly lit by limited edition Art Deco-inspired pendant lamps. This signature 10 year old venue is complemented with exposed-bulb light fixtures that hang above the dining areas, where guests can choose between comfortable booth seating or beautiful antique chairs, restored and brought back to life from their original 1940s finishings. The Granville Room menus are focused on cocktail and fine spirit selections guaranteed to pique the interest of experienced imbibers and novices alike, paired with a casual dining menu to match the room’s warm classic feel.
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I was really impressed by the menu at the Granville. I wasn't really expecting that given its location - I was expecting more pub like. Flat bread was really good as was the mac & cheese. Good for a casual meal. Our server was very engaging and upbeat and made great recommendations.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

food was good but save your money people... typical Donnelly establishment. My girlfriend and I went down and were disappointed in the overpriced food, unfriendly pretentions bartenders and rude wait staff... food was good though but a little on the expensive side. Its right on the Granville strip so I guess it's got that going for them but not much else.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

The Saturday night music is the best. Sadly, while I was there two immature idiots got into a fight and almost ran into our table fighting. Thankfully management gave us our Mint Juleps on the house.

Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I used to always come here a couple years back. Guess they've re modeled for the worse! Not a very comfy setting. Looks cheap. Also when we walked in We were barely greeted by a bartender who stood behind his bars with his arms crossed and did not move an inch. A double vodka cost me less than a single Bloody Mary. ($10.00) how is that ??? They also don't have Bloody Caesars, just Bloody Mary's. Drinks took over 10min. to arrive and there was 3 tables in the lounge including ours. We left ASAP after our round of drink and headed to another place on Granville. Terrible atmosphere !!! Will never go back there !

Reviewed November 16, 2011

They have really good bartenders and the drinks are amazing!!