“Saturday brunch”
Review of Glowbal Grill & Satay Bar - CLOSED

Glowbal Grill & Satay Bar
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Bar, Spanish, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Cross street: Nelson / Helmcken
Description: Find the new Glowbal at TELUS Garden, located at 590 West Georgia Street in downtown Vancouver.
North Vancouver, Canada
“Saturday brunch”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were in Yaletown, in search of a brunch place. My daughter had done some research on the internet, and suggested Glowbal. We stood outside looking at the menu, and a pleasant hostess offered a sample of some mini-doughnuts. We were seated quickly inside, choosing to go inside as it was rather cool on the patio. We were immediately presented with more mini-doughnuts and small delicious smoothies, to help stave off our hunger while we reviewed the menu selections. I chose the mushroom fritata, my daughter the Yaletown breakfast, and my wife the eggs benedict. While waiting for the food, a lady evidently very familiar with Glowbal, was seated at the table next to us. She was on a first name basis with the staff, and it became obvious she was a 'regular'. She explained that where she was sitting was 'her' table, and that she came there every Saturday! Our meals arrived, and we dug in. Very delicious, and good portions too! The ambience could be described as cosy, and the background music was tasteful. The only criticism I would have is that to get to the washrooms you have to pass down a very dark hallway. We will definitely go back to Glowbal, perhaps for dinner next time.

• Visited February 2013
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Glowbal Grill & Satay Bar, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
I'm so glad to hear you had the chance to visit us for brunch! We look forward to welcoming you back for dinner. Cheers!

“Good food nice setting”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Walking by and looking to eat we were attracted by how busy they were. We had chowder and shared a combo entree selection. Food was tasty and service was good and friendly. We sat outside in a heated patio and was quite comfortable.
My friend accidently knocked the table next to us spilling a glass of red over the poor guy. Staff reacted well and smoothed situation. My only complaint is the tables were not level and constantly rocked. Perhaps the management could invest in some more suitable tables.

Thank you for joining us and for taking the time to write a review! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Vancouver, Canada
“Glowbal Schmobal...”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was my first time at this restaurant and I was excited after a friend had told me this was a great place to have steak. I came in expecting to have a great steak, but was rather dissappointed in the quality. Perhaps I over estimated the restaurant going in and got my hopes too high from my friend.
Now, don't get me wrong, I definitely do not claim to be a Steak Connoisseur of any kind and in fact I usually order chicken over steak, but every now and then I do enjoy a good steak. I ordered the my steak done Medium. The steak was done to medium as I had requested, but the meat was extremely chewy/tough and lacked flavour. To be honest, I had better steaks at Cactus Club and as far as I know, they aren't recognized for their steaks. However, the service was very good, drinks were good and that was really the only reason I would give this place a 2-3 star. If I were to choose, I'd move up the street and have a meal at Blue Water Cafe instead.

2 Thank Mike W
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Glowbal Grill & Satay Bar, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Hi there. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your cocktails and service! Apologies that our steak did not live up to your expectations - we would love to have you back in to enjoy the full Glowbal Grill experience. Please let marketing@glowbalgroup.com know when you next plan to visit and we will get a steak ready for you. Thanks for the feedback!
Seattle, Washington
“Delicious with great service”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We went here for brunch at 11:45am on a Saturday. We did have reservations, but there wasn't much of a wait at this time anyway. We sat outside on their heated patio (which was so warm and cozy in the middle of February!) The blankets they gave us made it even cozier.

As soon as we sat down, our waiter brought out little shots of strawberry banana smoothies that tasted heavenly and home made deep fried dough (tasted like elephant ears).

Our waiter Greg was amazing! Not only was he easy on the eyes, but he was also very attentive. We were celebrating our friends birthday, and he did every thing he could to make it special. When we were ready to order, he made sure to take all the ladies' orders first.

The quality of food was delicious! I ordered a salmon benedict, and I was not disappointed. No one in our group of 8 had one negative thing to say about the food or the service. I just wished we lived in Vancouver so we could go here every weekend. I cannot recommend this restaurant, and Greg in particular, enough

• Visited February 2013
Excellent to hear! I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to serving you again when you next visit Vancouver!
Vancouver, Canada
“Wonderful service & very good food!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I have been to Glowbal for brunch many times and it is definitely the BEST brunch in Yaletown!! The food is delicious. The satays are really good and you can try many things. The waffle is to die for. The eggs Benedict are excellent! We love it! We recommend to go there on Saturday morning and ask to be seated in Rebecca section. She is a sweetheart and will provide you with the BEST service possible :-)... She is the bonus of this place!

Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Glowbal Grill & Satay Bar, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Excellent! Thank you for joining us for your weekend brunch and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!