“Wonderful atmosphere”

Cuisines: Bar
Neighborhood: West End
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Food and drink options were very good. I liked the old fashioned atmosphere of the lounge and the seating made for great ambiance for either socializing or having privacy. Bartender, Michael, was wonderful! Such a great attitude, very helpful with recommendations and didn't make basic drinks - he added a little flair and "love" to each drink.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The lovely old panelled wainscotting. The delightful bar and comfortable stools, the working fireplace and comfortable seating, not to forget , the perfectly mixed Martinis. Quiet and lovely ambience.

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Dropped in for a glass of wine and a quick bite. I was by myself so didn't linger all evening. Service was friendly without being I intrusive.
I had a chicken burger and fries which was perfectly good, I think there are better choices on the menu but I was trying to be calorie conscious. I was longing for some of the more calorie rich decadent items on the menu. Maybe next time.
I will be back to try other items for sure.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had a really enjoyable dinner last night at Gerard's which is the lounge located within the Sutton Place Hotel. We have been coming to this place for many years and we were pleased to find that this establishment has remained a consistently fine place to visit.

I had the salmon entree and my wife had the halibut. Both were excellent. And on par with the fantastic food is the great and personable service.

If you purchase a Wine Merchant club card from the hotel's wine store, then the entrees in the lounge are half-price. Last night alone we saved close to $40.

If you're looking for a relaxing, friendly place to have a drink and/or a bite to eat in one of Vancouver's upscale hotels, then Gerard's is worth a stop.

We look forward to returning again.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Beautiful comfort is found in the lounge at the Sutton Place Hotel. Although dark surroundings makes it a difficult place to choose in the summertime - the food is always amazing and the staff are very friendly and love to take good care of you!