“Excellence in yaletown.... but SMALL portions”

Cioppino's Mediterranean Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Cioppino's Mediterranean Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #145 of 3,751 Restaurants in Vancouver
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Cross street: HELMECKEN/DAVIE
Transit: Sky trains Canada Line
oakville, ON
“Excellence in yaletown.... but SMALL portions”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

had dinner at Cioppinos in June with some colleagues and a client.
Really liked the place... beautiful inside and out, with a fabulous patio outside to sit and people watch.

Food was delicious, but portions were small ( for the men in our party anyway). I thoroughly enjoyed my wild boar two ways, and the halibut was delicious but so small... laughable really... one very thin filet in a small dish atop a small portion of broth. that's it. For an entree in the $38 range, you think they could have thrown in at least three asparagus spears!!! LOL

Dessert too, was minuscule. I know a mouthful or two is usually all I want, but not when i am spending $15 on LITERALLY two mouthfuls of chocolate. pretty to look at, lovely to taste... better hope someone doesn't want to sample!

All in all a very good meal and a fun night.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank kerlyranoakville_ON

Vancouver, Canada
“Best Restaurant in Vancouver”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is the finest restaurant in the city. The service and food are great. the prices are appropriate for the quality. Pino is the to chef in western Canada. This is also the place to see the celebrities and athletes who are in town.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank TravelMaven1818
Vancouver, Canada
“Horrible Service and food”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I have travelled the world and this place was far from the worst places I have been for service and food. The staff here were rude the food was Okay nothing special and I found extremely expensive.
I will never dine here again. I will tell my friends about this horrible place

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Nik M
Sarasota, Florida
“Fantastic meal and experience”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We dined while on vacation with our family that includes 3 kids (ages 8, 9, 12). We had a fabulous meal with amazing service in a really lovely space. I was a little hesitant when we walked in as it was a quiet and even romantic restaurant and we brought our kids (albeit early in the evening). Our service was so good and accommodating for the kids and every single thing we ordered was delicious. I can't recommend it enough.

Visited June 2014
Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
“Incredible Cooking”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I have been here many times. The food just stays great. We ordered the roast chicken with extra peas, including a stellar pinot noir (recommended by our server). Our appy was the grilled Caesar salad.
Mr. Postero (head chef and owner) spoke to us about our meal and was genuinely interested that we enjoyed our food.
If you appreciate good food, service, and a tremendous selection of tasty wines then eat here.
Since we live in Nanaimo, we only get to dine here occasionally.
Cheers.