“One of my Vancouver favorites” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chambar

Chambar
Ranked #30 of 3,678 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Belgian, European
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Gastown
Cross street: Dunsmuir/Pender
Transit: We are the second building north from the Stadium/Chinatown skytrain station.
Description: "An unpretentious fling with fine dining."
Vancouver, BC
“One of my Vancouver favorites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Another fantastic restaurant in my city! Every meal I have had here has been fantastic! The onlly negative is on Friday and Saturday nights I find the music too loud and would prefer it to be a bit more subtle so I can hear the guests at my table.

• Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
“I m a frequent flyer here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

I was introduced to this restaurant by my daughter
Have been back several times, no regrets
Introduced most of my friends, every one of them loves this place
Too small, had to forgo a few times

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Judit K
Vancouver
“Good Food but Noisy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Had reservations at 6 pm on a Thursday evening with a friend just before the Paul Simon and Sting concert. This was my third visit to this restaurant. Food and service, like the previous visits, were very good. We were finished with our meal by 7:30 pm with plenty of time to make our concert.

We started with a winter salad and the beetroot carpaccio. Both were flavourful and were a colourful presentation. For entrées, we both had the veal and calamari dish. According to our server, this entrée is a brand new menu item that just started that week. I found the portion size for the entrée to be a bit on the small size. For dessert, we both had the café brulee which was just the right portion size and not overly sweet.

Along with a glass of wine, a glass of cranberry juice, and a coffee, the total cost of the meal was $133 before tip.

As in previous times, I did find it to be very noisy in the restaurant which makes having a conversation quite difficult.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Anacortes, WA
“Great food, service, but the noise is deafening....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

We booked reservations though Open Table and were immediately seated in a very nice room. Tables are set very close together and as the evening progressed and the noise level increased, it was difficult to carry on a conversation at my own table, however, you could join in with the adjoining table if you desired.
Pros:
* Service was excellent.
* Duck was among best I've had. Really seemed like a filet rather than duck. Very impressive.

Cons:
* Appetizers are overpriced for what you get. Ordered the shrimp and chorizo small plate and for $17 CAD I was expecting to eat more than 2 shrimp and 2 bites of chorizo. Perhaps that was a poor choice on our part. Buyer beware.
* Wine and beer very high priced. $11.00+ for a bottle of beer, not even on tap...
* The noise and proximity of tables ruined the great ambiance of the place.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Vancouver, Canada
“continues to be a mouthwatering experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

We returned to Chambar because our previous experiences were simply excellent.
We were warmly greeted at the front desk and promptly taken to our table, along the way waitstaff would also greet us with a sincere "hello".
First up was one of the signature cocktails - fig infused gin martini with a side dish of stilton cheese. This cocktail continues to make me shake my head and say "wow". The stilton is such a great combination with the fig gin.
We shared the beet carpaccio which was thin slices of roasted beet and a little salad. Just the right amount to share.
Sweetheart had the lamb shank tangine and the meat simply fell off the bone. Done to perfection.
I had the venison/elk/boar combination which was a taste sensation. The sauce was perfect.
Along with three glasses of red wine our bill was about $150. A very fair price for this level of quality - in both food and service.
Nice to hear that Chambar is moving next door to a larger room along with Medina (the sister restaurant) and having an outdoor area and expanded tapa list.
We will be back !