“Delight of flavors” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chambar

Chambar
Ranked #30 of 3,678 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Belgian, European
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Gastown
Cross street: Dunsmuir/Pender
Transit: We are the second building north from the Stadium/Chinatown skytrain station.
Description: "An unpretentious fling with fine dining."
Lincoln, NE USA
“Delight of flavors”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Three of us had three different dishes, Seared Tuna, Duck, and Venison/Elk and it was impossible to determine which was the best. The seasonings were spectacular. So much going on it was almost sensory overload. Waiter offer excellent advise on food and our wine.

Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
“Needs a service upgrade”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Owning this is a licence to print money as it's busy much of the time. Service was indifferent. Perhaps more servers are needed. Mussels were good. Turkish lamb dumplings nothing to write home about.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Brad58
Leeds. UK.
“Does not disappoint!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

We ate here twice during our recent trip and were very happy both times .Some dishes are quite a lot more substantial than others so if you like a full plate it might be best to ask as the wait staff certainly knew the menu very thoroughly and were able to advise .The Lamb shank is certainly enough for even the greediest diner and had the soft melt in your mouth texture it should ..my husband ordered it both times ! I had the venison and then the tuna and both were excellent .My favourite part was the degustation of desserts however .. I think we got six and they were dfferent both times . Why don't more reataurants do this ? Probably because it's a lot of work ...not something the chefs here seem to mind ! The only slightly negative thing was that the second time we went it was incredibly noisy ...strangely we didn't find this on the Saturday even though it was busy then too .It is quite expensive but the attention to detail and imagination in every dish made us feel it was worth it !

Madison, Wisconsin
“Fun atmosphere, great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great dinner out in Vancouver. Crowded, hip spot. Moules and frites were great as was dessert. Had a couple of smaller plates and then split the moules and frites for dinner. Enough food for 2

Visited September 2013
Walnut Creek, California
“One of the best desserts I have ever had”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Chambar has been hyped up for me by way too many people. On that account, I was a little disappointed. My advice to any one going, would be to set level expectations. This is a great restaurant, but it is not one of the best you'll ever go to.

The stand-out was the Mama Rizk dessert, it had every flavour I love (mint, rosewater, pistachio), and it was incredible.

Of the mains we had, Halibut and the Duck. The Duck was great, well-cooked and good quality cuts, however I did find the flavour to be slightly lacking. Duck is a meat that I expect stronger flavours from, and this was exceptionally lightly flavoured. The Halibut was perfectly cooked, and the combination of flavours was great, but it lacked something, and I can't place my finger on what that was.

The beef tenderloin as a starter was great. I really enjoyed the onion ring combination with the beef.

If I return, it'll be for the Mama Rizk dessert and I'll have to give the mussels a whirl.

Service was okay. Could have been much better.