“Good for a cheap drink in a very casual environment”
Review of Cambie Hostel

Cambie Hostel
Ranked #2,514 of 3,871 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Bar
Neighborhood: Gastown
Neighborhood: Gastown
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Great for the younger and more casual crowd to have a few drinks or then some. Some cheap bar food option of average quality..but you're there for the drinks and lively atmosphere.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Avoid this place at all costs! The security are nasty people with serious attitude problems and the bar staff are arrogant!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My favorite bar in the world, you get an incredible blend of wannabe sophisticates slumming from the West End, the normal blend of artist and stabbers from the East Side, University students looking for the cheap pitchers and of course the international guests from the hostel. Coupled with tables that are too big and have to be shared every night at the Cambie is a completely different night with no idea where it will take you.

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I wandered into here whilst strolling around in Gastown. I introduced myself to a table of respectable looking people and didn't leave for about six hours. What a great place to meet people, eat, drink, and have a good time!

There were several sports channels on and the place was packed.

The only negative was that you had to queue at the bar for drinks. A novel concept in Canada, I'm lead to believe.

Will definitely return when I'm back in Vancouver.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The security guards are absolutely ridiculous about checking people's IDs. They have refused members of our group twice in the past 6 months just due to the fact that we didn't have our passports on us. Come on, who is carrying their passports around with them when they go out for a drink?! Both times it seemed to us that the security guards just wanted to show off their power. I have hardly ever seen anyone behave so ridiculously.
Furthermore, the staff inside the pub is unfriendly, the food is terrible and mice have been sighted.
This is an absolutely disgusting place and I would not ever in my life go back there, even if someone paid me to go there.