“Outstanding”

Neighborhood: Robson Street
Cross street: Robson
Transit: Robson at Denman and Georgia at Denman
Reviewed January 27, 2013

le Parisien, the new name of this restaurant is excellent. We enjoyed dinner on Friday night. Husband ate off the dine out menu with crispy calamari, steak frites, apple crepe. I had the onion soup and the beef Bourgignon. All dishes were outstanding. Service impeccable. Absolutely loved it and will be back soon

There are newer reviews for Le Bistro de Paris

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Our special dinner at Le Parisien was wonderful. Under new management, the restaurant looks a bit more formal inside and the menu reflects this by having more traditional French dishes.

We started off with appetizers of duck terrine and escargot. Both were tasty and flavourful with a generous slab of terrine. For mains we had the cassoulet for two and moules frites. The cassoulet was very tasty with the beans being nicely cooked without being soggy. The duck was very tasty and the sausage seemed to be some sort of farmer's sausage that was 'of substance' and fit well with the meal. The bacon was a bit fatty.The moules frites were flavourful the moules cooked well and the frites to die for!

For dinner, we had an excellent creme brulée and chocolate mousse.

The wine list was fairly extensive and ranged from $35 and up.

Total for 3 with wine, appetizers, dessert and coffee - $168 + tip

1  Thank davemacuser
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We have been eating at this Bistro since the 70's under various owners and names (Cafe de Paris and, latterly, Bistro de Paris). Over the years, some visits were great, some mediocre and some unacceptable. Glad to say this new incarnation is a hit. Nice, clean update of the decor, a pared down and inventive menu, super talented kitchen and attentive service ensure we will continue to visit. We had a Stella Artois (draft would have been preferred) so can't comment on the wine list For starters, we both chose the delicious-sounding appetizer special: 2 types of mushroooms on Brioche toast in a white wine sauce, topped with a poached egg. It was divine. This was followed by a well prepared Bistro staple, Steak Frites, and a tasty Roasted Port Tenderloin. Good Luck! You're off to a great start.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Decided to dine at this restaurant with family and the whole night turned out to be a great time.
Had a great time with our family as well the food we experienced was just amazing. The special that night was Boneless Beef Shortrib with roquefort cheese crust...OMG, amazing. Two of us had this and thoroughly enjoyed the meal. Someone also had the Pork Tenderloin and another had the order of Muscles. We all really enjoyed the main course. Oh almost forgot the appetizers. One was a cheese fondue, and if you like good and sharp cheese, was very good! Someone had a very nice salad and the other some type of seafood. Overall, the food was great and the company of course, perfect. The wait staff was plentiful and yet not on top of you. We were somewhat early diners but the place filled up very fast. Now I can see why. Parking in the area is at a premium, but behind this location are about three spots for the customers..good luck with that, but well worth the effort of parking. One could consider it pricey but if you want quality food and service and not just an average experience, then go for it. No 'scenic view' but go opportunity for people watching on Denman Street.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

Hadn't been to this restaurant since the late1970's when we would come into town from West Van with a French friend for the heavier Bistro fare. Now downtown empty nesters surrounded by new restaurants, we noticed it listed in Dine Out Vancouver, and went. The dine out menu didn't appeal, so I ordered the Salade Nicoise, and my husband the Bouillabaisse, which he said was very good. We split a hamburger and chips, which was also good. The pièce de ré·sis·tance, my Nicoise, was incredible. Seared sushi grade tuna (as good as Blue Water Cafe) atop lovely greens, with the usual fixings of egg etc, and with an assortment of the best, plumpest olives I have had, even when visiting the Middle east. I must ask where they get them. Liked it so well, we went back the very next week for me to have the salad again (same excellent quality), this time with a French Onion soup which was, as most are, too salty for my taste. A fantastic plus: there is free ample parking in the back lane, almost unheard of in the West End. Actually, now I am worried you will all rediscover the restaurant, and next time I want to drop by at the last minute, all the parking spaces will be gone, and the tables full. I can't speak to the quality of dishes others have found lacking, but know what will draw me back again and again. I felt the prices for what we had were reasonable.