“Loved this place!”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Robson Street
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Great view of the water and the float planes. So good, we returned again the next day! My husband had the wonton soup and it was the best he ever ate! We like it so much we went to the one in Victoria a few days later.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Nothing special to me. I had the Rib Sandwich with fries. Nothing unique about it. Pricey place. Good service and nice ambiance.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was in Vancouver on business and had heard this was a good restaurant to go for a good later dinner.
I had the raincoats greens salad and it was amazing. It literally had a little bit of everything and was large enough for dinner.
The hostess seeing I was alone thought I would be more comfortable at a table and brought me a newspaper to read, so nice.
The service was quick but not at all hurried.
I couldn't find it on Trip Advisor but I ate at the Burrard Street location.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We really enjoyed our dinner at Cactus Club Café. We were a group of 4 and we arrived at about 7:30 on a Thursday night. I was a little worried about the wait when I saw the line to get on the wait list.... yes, there was a long line to get onto the wait list. That line took about 10 minutes and we were told there was a 50-60 minute wait. The restaurant is right next to the Olympic cauldron so we looked at that and enjoyed the harbor views during the wait. The wait ended up only being 30 minutes which was nice. We were seated at a booth with a stunning view of the harbor.

The staff was very professional and stayed on top of everything throughout the meal. My water glass was never empty which was nice because the glasses were on the small side. The food was very good. I had the Tuna Tataki appetizer because I wanted something light and it was exactly what I wanted. The tuna was cooked perfectly and served with a crisp papaya slaw. My husband is gluten free and they had a lot of options for his as well. He chose the Roasted Lamb Pops and said they were very good.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Wanted to try this place on a recent visit to Vancouver after reading reviews online. It was busy but we were seated right away. Husband had shortribs with a hoisin sauce. I ordered the butternut squash ravioli with shrimp. I thought their prices were expensive for what I ordered. It was delicious, but $24 for some pasta without any kind of salad or vegetable along with it was a little pricey. We ordered the yam fries with dipping sauce as an appetizer and it never arrived before the food. When we asked about it the server was surprised and said, "oh, you wanted that before your meal?" like that was a shocking concept. She hurriedly placed the order but it was wasn't really what I wanted to eat AFTER pasta. Server never came by to refill water glasses ever. Finally asked her when we were getting the check and she did refill glasses. AI think she was new, but at a minimum she should have been checking water during meal. Restaurant is noisy and lively. A hip looking place but based on service and prices not sure if we'll be back. Would have given them 3.5 stars if I could.