“Steak with French Fries...really?” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bistro Pastis

Bistro Pastis
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Pastis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #203 of 3,680 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Kitsilano
Calgary, Canada
“Steak with French Fries...really?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

The appetizer I had "Les Escargot et le pastis" was truly delicious; served with gnocchi, artichokes and garlic puree..yum. I was then disappointed to find the steak I ordered came with french fries, no vegetable or bread (unlike the photo on the website) for $28.
The entire menu has French titles with full explanations in English except for a few French words here and there such as "pommes frites". Guess I should have brought my French dictionary.
For dessert I had the chocolate profiteroles...they were good, nothing memorable.
This is a small restaurant so I was hopeful that the menu would be creative and memorable. French fries only belong at McDonalds in my opinion, especially on a dinner menu.

• Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
“Steak Tartare!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I love this little French bistro on 4th. The food is always good... I dream about the steak tartare and have this everytime I go. The staff are friendly and the owner takes the time to say hello when he is there.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank litleladybigappetite
Vancouver
“Mediocre and Not Good Vallue”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

French food is a bit of an obssession for me as is anything French. Pastis had always lost the draw to other French restos in town so I finally decided to give it a shot. The quality of the food, especially the main courses, was below average. The side dishes were uninspiring, as was the dessert menu (with limited cheese options). The service was prompt but nothing memorable. The room is classic French, which I really enjoyed. The general medicracy; however, isn't reflected in the bill. It's expensive, which I am ok with as long as it's good value. Bistro Pastis is not good value and I won't be back. I have other options in this city.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Kingston, Canada
“Fantastique!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

My girlfriend, daughter and her friend recently enjoyed Sunday brunch at Pastis. The menu is creative, food scrumptious, service meticulous and surroundings warm and inviting. What more can we say? We'll be back!

Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
“A tasty Sunday Brunch....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had Sunday lunch at the Bistro on a rainy gloomy afternoon. The room is warm and welcoming with cozy tables. The service was prompt. The servers were friendly and professional.We shared the steak tartare appetizer.(very generous portion).It had great flavour and came with pomme frites and a small green salad. My son had a duck confit and egg dish that he said was delicious. My salad was very good with seared tuna cooked to perfection. My husband had a tasty crabcake that came with a very yummy coldslaw. We would like to go back and have dinner there. It is a very nice restaurant. My only complaint would be that the wine list is very pricey.

• Visited February 2013