“Girls Nite out”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Shaughnessy
Reviewed July 24, 2013

A few friends took me to dinner at this restaurant & what a treat it was. They knew what to order & the food was fabulous.
I think it's best to go with someone familiar with Malaysian food to get the full experience of the traditional dishes.
Prices were a little more than I expected but it was worth it.
Fully recommend this restaurant for malaysian food.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Great lamb shank. It's New Zealand lamb, the best and they cook it with wonderful, tasty spices It comes with spinach and carrots but you have to pay extra for rice, etc..

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was our second time in as many months to the 820 West Broadway location. It was the first time for our two friends. We all decided to try their 9 course tasting menu that was $30 a person. We were concerned about the "heat" with the beef curry, so the waiter suggested we could substitute the milder chicken curry (which we had tried and liked the first time there). The first dish was Mango Kerabu (slaw salad) and it was divine. Then came Chicken Satay and Roti Canai. The men in our party of four, liked the Roti Canai so much that they ordered another one! The last appetizer was Steamed Mussels in Cumin Coconut Sauce. My friend's husband and myself aren't fans of mussels, but our spouses made up for us. But I must say the sauce was yummy. I couldn't stop eating it! The only problem with the mussels was that we got several empty shells. We complained and they brought us another mussels that weren't missing the meat. The main courses were Curry Boneless Chicken, a Seafood Curry (with prawns and scallops), Kicap Manis (Caramelized Sablefish), Sambal Green Beans and Rice. We weren't too impressed with the Sablefish (hence the 4, not 5 star rating). It was too well done for us and had bones in it. The meal was topped off with a dessert of Pisang Goreng (an attractive dish of crusty fried bananas and vanilla ice cream. The food was excellent and the service was very attentive. We are ranking this restaurant one of our favorites in Vancouver now!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We went to this place based on the good reviews on trip advisor. We ordered the appetizer sampler and the curry beef with coconut rice. The sampler came with egg rolls, calamari and chicken on a stick and roti and a salad. The fruit salad was good but a bit sweet. The roti was the best of all the samplers. The calamari Ok. There as 3 dipping sauces. When I got to the chicken I thought it had a funny texture. So I cut it in half and it was raw inside. The manager came over and was very nice about it and offer us some more chicken and was going to inform the kitchen to make sure it was cooked. So more chicken came and it was raw again. I kinda felt sick after that because I got a case of food posioning 2 months ago and did not feel like repeating that experience.
So we got the curry beef with the cocnut rice which was Ok not spicy or anything. The rice had a strange salty flavour , not much coconut flavour. The manager was super nice and offered us free dessert for the chicken problem. So we ordered the deep fried bananas with ice cream and the black rice pudding. The bananas were the best dish of the meal. But the black rice pudding had a bit of a sour taste. I had this before at a different restaurant and it didnt taste right. So he offered us the mango coconut rice. This was better but the rice was salty which was strange for a dessert. Tasted like the rice from the curry but cold. I have had this dish before and it was not at all salty.
I'm not sure if the cooks know what these dishes should taste like. I realize that there are several locations so maybe one has the real chef working there but this location doesnt have the flavours right. I give high praise to the manager to try to make everything right but he cant help that kitchen get it together.
I would not go back here. Just wasnt that good and I'm still waiting to see if I get sick.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Loved this restaurant on Davie St, right off Burrard. I had the Singapore laksa and found it delicious and authentic. My husband had a beef dish and really enjoyed it. Portions are large and the prices are not bad.