“New Years Eve Dinner 2013”

Bacchus Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Bacchus Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 3,958 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Granville Street
Cross street: Robson
Transit: Burrard Skytrain Station. B-Line 98 on Robson & Burrard.
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The menu offered for New Years Eve was 4 courses with a wine pairing to match. See photo attached.
The difficult part was what to choose ! Everything sounded fantastic.
Our waiter, Spencer, was personable, friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. Well done Spencer for your professionalism :-)
My husband and I both started with the Pacific West Coast seafood. What a great start. The Salmon was to die for.
We also both opted for the Nova Scotia Lobster, again an outstanding dish.
We followed with the Brome Lake Duck. We are both duck lovers but this was probably the best duck dish either of us has ever had!
My husband opted for the Stilton to finish his meal the Ruby Port was in the form of a small jelly and the quince paste was delicious. I opted for the pear which was perfectly poached.
I would like to say a big thank you to the Chef Lee Parsons and his team.
5 Star dining at its best! The wine pairings were excellent.
The meals are not inexpensive but if you are looking for a very special night out in Vancouver you must try Bacchus.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Dined on a Sunday night late December. Reservations probably a good idea since so close to Christmas. Lounge was busy and restaurant filled up quickly.

We were greeted well and seated promptly. Problem was the table we were at had very low uncomfortable chairs. The table was practically at chest level. The maitre d offered a cushion but I didn't want to sit on a pillow to raise me up. We changed tables to where they had proper dining chairs. After seeing others in the same spot I would change those chairs. Fine for a lounge but not the restaurant.

The waiter didn't seem to pleased we changed tables, as we were given another waiter. He kind of just pointed to the table and placed the menus there without actually handing them to us. The 2nd waiter was a bit stuffy at first but then warmed to us.

We shared the Hearts of Romaine Salad which I liked, my husband thought it had a bit too much lemon.
Main courses, Halibut was good. The fish was perfectly cooked. The cassoulet that was served with it was flavorful and delicious. My husband had the duck which was pretty average, nothing special about it.

For dessert I opted for the Lemon & Lime Tart. But it wasn't a tart, it was a lemon bar. I told the waiter that they shouldn't call it a tart since it didn't resemble one at all. Good lemon flavor but not a tart. He had said others had made the same comment.

We found the atmosphere to be a bit pretentious. Not much to come back for to be honest.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Great food, service and ambiance. The menu had a good selection of fish and meat dishes. The staff were knowledgeable about the wines.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We had dinner and breakfast in this restaurant. First the dinner. The waiter/staff were extremely attentive and helpful. My wife had the scallop appetizer and free range chicken.....she raved about how it tasted and it was presented beautifully. I had the crab cakes and duck. They were also good, however I found the crab cakes (which were mainly crab and no filler!) tasted slightly like deep fried oil, not overwhelming, but it was there. And while the duck was perfectly prepared and presented, I found the sauce a bit salty. Having said that we would go back because it was an overall very pleasant experience. Oh and they provided us with a special anniversary dessert which was very pleasant. The one thing you should no is that the meals didn't come with many vegetables....unfortunately we realized too late that you could order vegetable side dishes, which we will do next time. Breakfast was also very good...staff attentive and we both had the salmon, scrambled eggs and fruit. Very well done.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We were there on Saturday night, made a reservation. Table for 2. Waiter was very abrupt with us. Did not give us the level of service you would have expected from a high end restaurant. Asked him how was the pasta dish made. He replied with it's with fat linguine. Wow a nice description of the dish! Really!

We ordered 4 appetizers. He did not come by to ask us how was our appetizers. He replaced a fork and did not say excuse me. He just threw it on the table. He was just very rude. I finished my meal and he didn't come by to ask us how our meal was.

A manager walked by and I had a chat with him. Told him my observations. Did apologized and asked if we wanted to change our waiter. I said no, it's fine.

After the manager chat, he came by and gave us extra attention. The manager did give us dessert on the house. Waiter came by with extra spoons, gave us some extra cookies.

Well it's a little too late. You expect suburb from this restaurant. Your paying extra money for the service and it's horrible. If you go to milestone's, you'll get better service there! Don't waste your money here!