“Awesome breakfast, super friendly service.”
Review of Subeez Cafe - CLOSED

Subeez Cafe
Cuisines: American, International, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Description: Think of us as your neighbourhood cafe.restaurant.bar in the downtown. At Subeez we make room for everyone. We do not discriminate against age, race, gender, sexuality, politics or musical taste. However, you’d better still be a Canucks/Lions fan.We take reservations for all sizes -- up to 225 people.There is a beauty here.
Victoria, Canada
“Awesome breakfast, super friendly service.”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Come hungry, leave happy. Super good food, nice portions, and awesome servers. Thanks Carly! Only catch is they don't open until 10am, so take your time getting there.

Visited October 2012

Peoria, Illinois
“GREAT Place for Breakfast/Brunch!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Staying at the Westin Grand Vancouver, we asked the concierge for a local place to enjoy breakfast. Subeez was 1st out of her mouth! 2 blocks away. Very eclectic place. Waitress was FANTASTIC and recommended the Braised Beef Hash. I really wouldn't call it hash the way you think of corned beef hash. It was really more like pulled beef with potatoes and soft boiled eyes. WONDERFUL! My wife got the spinach omelet which she loved. HIGHLY recommend!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Eyedoc44
Nanaimo BC
“Nice spot”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I didn't think the restaurant would be as nice as it was, given the name. I figured it was a 'subway' sandwich knock off. But it was cool, and had some neat food. I had a grilled cheese with cranberry chutney. And the friends I was with also enjoyed their meals. I'd give this a go, especially if you want to get away from the chain restaurants.

Visited June 2013
Vancouver BC
“A disappointing return visit”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had eaten at Subeez before, and it was great. The restaurant was quite empty this time, and it was no surprise why.
Upon arrival, the restaurant was rather empty, the hostess, handed us two menus at the door and asked us to pick a table and she would bring by waters...? okay, so we picked a table, would have thought the hostess would seat you, but okay. We ordered some drinks, my guests came quickly, after a bit I was informed my wine choice was un-available, which was fine. I picked another. I I ordered a steak sandwich, med-rare, when it arrived it was blue, still cold in the middle. The waitress did not come back until my guest was done her food, and both of our drinks had been done for over 10minutes. With most of my food still on my plate, she meerly asked, just the bill then? We were very disappointed.
We ended up going down the road to Library Square Pub to have another dinner, which I would highly recommend.
We won't be returning to Subeez, and wouldn't recommend it, keep walking a few blocks to find something different.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Travis B
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Night Life and Good Food”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Frequently, I find myself at Subeez Cafe, sometimes to meet with friends before or after an event, sometimes for an event held in a dimly lit night scene. It's a high energy place where the food and drinks come quickly. Most of the time, we order food to be shared: calamari, tuna tatami, potato and feta spring rolls and always yam fries with chipotle aioli. There's a good list of draft beer reasonably priced.

Visited April 2013