“Best Sushi outside of Japan”

Octopus's Garden Restaurant
Ranked #720 of 3,845 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Kitsilano
Reviewed December 15, 2013

A colleague recommended this place and I was not disappointed. The sushi was phenomenal - some of the best I've ever had. I've been to Japan over 10 times so I know what authentic sushi when I see it. Octopus Garden is a tad on the expensive side but I expect quality when I pay a higher price and they delivered.

Service was very good, friendly and efficient.

1  Thank Jay F
There are newer reviews for Octopus's Garden Restaurant

Reviewed August 14, 2013

During a recent trip to Vancouver we decided to head out for sushi and found Octopus's Garden, it was in the neighborhood where we were staying. The good things about it was the food, it was really really good! The bad thing about it we were kept waiting for over an hour, this could be remedied with a reservation as we were a table of 8. All in all I would visit this place again... but with a reservation!

1  Thank Ashleigh M
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Have you ever been charged for tea in a Japanese restaurant? I hadn't either, until I went to the octopus's garden.
The sunamono salad was small and they charged the same amount (more than $8) for a vegetarian salad as one with crab, shrimp or lobster.
Prices were high.
The rolls we had were average at best.
Service was below average and slow.
We would not recommend and will note be going back.

1  Thank Masonjarz
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Went out for dinner. Waitress was smiley & friendly but not on her game. Waited 30mins for first meal. Meals were VERY SLOW & VERY EXPENSIVE. Waited 2 hours all together. Spent $30 on Wagyu and got about 4 bite size pieces. Had to ask the waitress for more water & soy sauce as she couldn't see that I was out. Then had to ask how far away the main meal was.
Poor experience, won't be returning. Spent $60 and was left hungry & had to get a 2nd dinner else where! Shame on you Octopus Garden Vancouver.

2  Thank amanda t
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I have been here hundreds times last 8 years. Never diappointed. Always best. I recommend to everybody who want to have the best meal in Vancouver.

1  Thank Erinsister