“Bar Staff Attitude More Sour than a Jolly Rancher.”

Library Square Public House
Ranked #2,016 of 3,868 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: The wildly popular Library Square Public House is just two blocks from Rogers Arena and BC Place, and across the street from the Queen Elizabeth Theatre. Library Square is busy day and night, from business lunches to pre- and post-event crowds. Enjoy modern, local and organic pub fare, a huge selection of craft and domestic beer, and custom seasonal cocktails. Complete with a jukebox and games area, this large, versatile room is well known for its sports programming, weekly live bands, hip DJs and late-night dancing.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

As a huge fan of their Friday 90's Night, please note this is only a review of my experience at the bar.

After trying a Jolly Rancher for the first time in Vegas last weekend I thought to try it at Library Square. Upon asking for two, one for me and one for my best friend, the bartender poured us two shots of Sour Puss. I told him that I was sure it was a mixed drink. He looked confused and turned to his manager. His manager said it was just two shots of Sour Puss in a martini glass. Hence that was what the bartender gave me and changed us $14 each. Although my fault for paying up, I took a sip, thought it was disgusting and felt very upset. Upon googling the Jolly Rancher, it was obviously a mixed drink with some combination of vodka, shnapps, liqueur, and cranberry juice. Upon showing this to the manager he said he could make it for me but it would cost $16: "it does not matter what is on google, here it is Sour Puss". I told him that I wanted him to make me the drink that I had asked for because what he gave me wasn't it. After arguing with him for a long while with no suitable ending in sight, I walked away.

What upset me was there lack of acknowledgement if they did not know how to make something. Furthermore, the true cost to them would not be more than $2, instead they have a very upset customer who has chosen to stay up to write this review.

I have not yet decided if I am coming back to my beloved 90's night, but one thing is for sure, their bar is not getting another penny from me.

1  Thank michelletran01

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Beautiful summer night, sat out on their good-sized patio. Wine list wasn't much to write home about, but the BLTA (applewood smoked bacon, butter lettuce, tomato, avocado, rosemary mayo on toasted artisan sourdough) for $13 was FANTASTIC, and was accompanied by the absolute best side salad I've ever had the pleasure to order. Check out the photo - blueberries, cheese, selection of lettuces, toasted pumpkin seeds, jicama - delish.

We'll be back.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Nicely located within the library square, close to both stadium's and lots of room, both indoors and out! Good food, great service and a great place to watch sports on TV. Something for all needs!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Library Square is a super diverse restaurant/bar/club. Many locals like myself like to head there after a long week of studying.

90s night is super fun and goes on every Friday.

Things to watch out for: The line up to get in for the club. The tip is to get a stamp at 8PM therefore you can come back and avoid the line up at a later time in the night when there is more people.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stooped midday for beer and wings and thoroughly enjoyed our experience at this pub. Service was excellent and it appears there were lots of locals which is always a good sign for the casual visitor. We will be back when in Vancouver.