“Gyoza heaven!!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Robson Street
“Gyoza heaven!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

This is one of my must-dos every time I'm in Vancouver! Come for the Gyoza! Kind if a no-brainer eh?

• Visited September 2013

Calgary, Canada
“Deeply Disturbing Dining Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Today (Aug 16), I met my spouse for lunch at Gyoza King at 12 noon. We were among the first customers there (2nd actually). We placed our order quickly. He received his complete order quickly. Other customers, who arrived after us, were receiving their orders. At this time, the restaurant was almost full. And yet, my order was not forthcoming. My spouse got up and asked the waitress when would my order be coming. The waitress returned to our table and said that my order was coming out in 2 minutes. That did not happen. It was now 12:35 and I was extremely agitated and frustrated by the chain of events, I left without getting my full meal, while my spouse stayed to finish his meal. Poor customer service? Yes. But...There are times when a simple act of negligence gets magnified when you are the sole brown guy among white and Japanese customers. I still have an uncomfortable feeling about this entire incident.

• Visited August 2013
Midwest
“OK lunch. Maybe try dinner with expanded menu....?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Since Vancouver was known for Japanese foods, we definitely wanted to try one. Gyoza King had good reviews and we ventured in for lunch. Small, nondescript place that we almost missed in a street of many Japanese restaurants. I had noted a few foods I wanted to try- but they politely noted that most dishes are only available at dinner and the lunch is a limited menu. The menu card had the name of the item and the description below it, so that helped. We ordered few gyoza's and salmon Chirashi. Fish was fresh, and the food was good to OK. My daughter who loves Har Gow's said she will stick with them rather than gyoza's. My experience- OK . Price- very reasonable. Tip- maybe try dinner when there is more is on the menu to try.

• Visited August 2013
“Great late night nosh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Gyoza king is on a stretch of Robson with numerous Japanese and Korean restaurants. Small dining area, not fancy, prompt service, cold beer, made to order food. A real izakaya style menu. Open late almost every day, and busy the whole time. That's because the gypza are top notch. Also tried one of the soups which was a pretty classic broth with radish, egg and seafood. All excellent. Wish there was a gyoza king in my hometown! On a budget or not, if pot stickers are your thing, give them a try.

• Visited July 2013
Philadelphia PA
“OK for lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stopped in after walking through Stanley park. Service was very good and the sushi was OK, not anything special.

Visited June 2013