“A true steakhouse”

Gotham Steakhouse & Cocktail Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Gotham Steakhouse & Cocktail Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 3,868 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Dunsmuir St.
Transit: Granville Sky Train Station is right around the corner on Dunsmuir St., just steps from Gotham's front door.
Description: An American style steakhouse and cocktail bar featuring tender steaks and stiff drinks. Gotham features soaring ceilings, sumptuous leather and velvet upholstery, private dining rooms, an award-winning wine list and exceptional service.
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I can't find much wrong with an elegant steakhouse with proper aged beef, superior Caesar salads and an old fashioned steakhouse vodka tonic. I go often and each time I'm impressed. The atmosphere is classy and elegant with the edge of Vancouver past. It's not for the faint as their prices reflect the quality if the food and service. For fun, start with a cocktail at the bar. Try the upstairs dining room for privacy but if you are wearing your best Tom Ford, go ahead and dine in the main gallery.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

When I go to Gotham, I am never disappointed. The 24 oz. porterhouse is my favourite and is always cooked the way I like it. The deserts tops off a wonderful meal.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We right reviews for the same reason as everyone else, we don't want to get ripped off, stay in bad hotels and miss the best places. Well this is a restaurant that you don't want to miss. Its a dark high ceiling restaurant with a great atmosphere a wide selection of cocktails in the equally gothic bar. Our whole evening was fantastic, the food, the service, the wine and all at a very reasonable price. Our only problem was that because it was recommended to us we only managed to fit in one meal here. We had a new York strip, chop and fillet mignon combo and it was delightful, but it just made me wish I had ordered the fillet mignon on its own because it was that good.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

In my opinion a good restaurant is a mix of great food, great ambiance, excellent service and good location. It is rare that I dine in a place that actually excel on all those angles. Sometimes you get a great dinner but the service could be better and the location could be improved.
Gotham has it all! Great dinner, amazing location, and the service couldn't be better! This place was the highlight of our short trip to Vancouver, I still dream of the rack of lamb I ordered...
I will definitely go back and highly recommend!!! I can't think of a single suggestion in terms of improvements - perfect evening.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Absolutely the finest dinner. I had the bone in rib eye with mushrooms, snap peas and onion rings. Great service. Thanks CI ( Neil ).