“Best steaks anywhere”

Gotham Steakhouse & Cocktail Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Gotham Steakhouse & Cocktail Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 3,803 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Dunsmuir St.
Transit: Granville Sky Train Station is right around the corner on Dunsmuir St., just steps from Gotham's front door.
Description: An American style steakhouse and cocktail bar featuring tender steaks and stiff drinks. Gotham features soaring ceilings, sumptuous leather and velvet upholstery, private dining rooms, an award-winning wine list and exceptional service.
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“Best steaks anywhere”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife & I visited the Gotham steakhouse last year & ate the finest steaks ever. What a magnificent venue with the best service & best food, can't wait to visit again oneday.
Our waiter was the best ever.
Mike.

• Visited October 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Merritt, Canada
“These guys know steak!!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

For anyone looking for a large very good cut of beef, this restaurant has it perfected. Our meals were delicious with the steak cooked perfectly. We were with a large group so were seated in a downstairs dining room, which gave us the privacy and ability to be noisy. Fantastic service from waiters who knew their menu well. Great wine selection. Beautiful upstairs restaurant and patio area that features a fireplace.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Fabulous meal”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

After getting over the shock of the high prices, we had a fabulous meal - my husband's steak was the best he had had in a long time and the service was exemplary

Visited September 2013
Tenbury Wells, United Kingdom
“Fab steakhouse”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We went twice it was soooo good. The food was amazing, and so were the staff. Really make you feel special and attend to your every need. Our waiter remembered us from the week before, and even remembered some of the things we talked about which was quite impressive considering the amount of customers they get.

1 Thank jackmurphy3
Scottsdale, Australia
“Disappointing. Would never recommend this restaurant.”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I ate at Gotham last night. We had high expectations. When we walked into the restaurant we were impressed by the room. It is a gorgeous dining room and the cocktail bar is cosy with someone playing the piano. For ambience I would give this restaurant 5 stars but we came for the food as well as the ambience. Unfortunately the food is 1 star. I had the lamb and my husband the bone in steak. Both of our meals were terrible. My husbands steak was about 1/2 an inch thick and tasteless. My lamb was gamey and very obviously out of the freezer. The service was sub par. If the waiter had cared at all about the food in this place, he would have noticed I had not had more than 1 bite of my lamb. He didn't notice because he never came to the table once to check on the food. A bus person came to the table and said are you finished at which time he took away the whole plate of lamb without a question. The waiter was friendly when trying to up sell us on the most expensive steak on the menu but that is where his friendliness ended. This service was among the worst we have have encountered. When clearing the table the bus person also dropped butter on the velvety banquette I was sitting on and didn't even bother to clean it up. We will definitely never return to this restaurant.

3 Thank TanyaD2011