“Loved the friendly service and wine advice”

Gotham Steakhouse & Cocktail Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Gotham Steakhouse & Cocktail Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 3,996 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Dunsmuir St.
Transit: Granville Sky Train Station is right around the corner on Dunsmuir St., just steps from Gotham's front door.
Description: An American style steakhouse and cocktail bar featuring tender steaks and stiff drinks. Gotham features soaring ceilings, sumptuous leather and velvet upholstery, private dining rooms, an award-winning wine list and exceptional service.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Turned up without a reservation and they found us a table and it was busy. The waiter was great very knowledgeable. When I am in Canada I like to drink BC wines. I pleaded ignorance and the waiter recommended something excellent at around 60 dollars. I like that, when I throw myself at the mercy of the house and they don't bring something in three figures I think that's classy. I had the lamb,it was not the very best I have had but it was excellent. Minor complaint, I had to wait for mint sauce but I didn't lose too much sleep about this. Overall a lovely experience and I hope to be back.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

If you are looking for fine dining, you found it. If you are looking for budget, stop now and look elsewhere.
I originally thought this Gotham was associated with the restaurants in NYC and South Beach but it is not. It is very similar, not quite as good but for a excellent dinning experience you will be pampered and love the cuisine. Salmon was cooked to perfection, porterhouse was large with a tasty rub and the filet mignon was melt in your mouth good. Appetizers and sides were gourmet style but the entrees were very fine cuts of beef. Expect your bill for a party of four to equal the nightly rate at a nice hotel.

1  Thank #1LakerDad
Reviewed July 18, 2013

First of all: I have to admit that the steak here is on of thefinests I've ever eaten. On the second hand, the hospitality and the pleasant atmosphere contributes to make this restaurant a very very pleasant experience in Vancouver!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

As a big steak connoisseur, this is probably one of the best cuts of meat Iv'e had in a while. Had the Porterhouse which was to die for. Wife had the filet mignon which was also fantastic. It was on the pricier side for a steak but you get what you pay for.
Our server was very chatty and friendly attentive to our needs. When i walked in, the first thing i noticed was the size of the place. From the outside, it doesn't look like much but inside, they had 30-ft ceilings, massive pillars, and tons of seating. Aside from that, the ambience itself was a lot like your typical Milestone's or Joey's.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had dinner here and it was top notch...wonderful food and atmosphere! Steak and Lobster was great and the Garlic Shrimp was perfectly cooked! Would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the city.